Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 24

Height: 5'4

Default Hello!

Hi Gang!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! I hope that this will be my new stomping ground for the next couple of months.

I'm at the bottom and there's no where to go but up.

My name is Karen and I'm a wife and Mom and I am addicted to food. Just thought I'd get that over with.

I don't eat because I'm hungry. I eat because I like food. It makes me happy. It fills the void. Sigh... It is a drug for me and I don't know how to beat it.

Food is winning the battle.

I am depressed. Miserable. Ashamed. Tired.

The last straw was this weekend at the MALL. I had to go the "Fashion Mall."
You know... The one with Nieman Marcus and Henri Bendel and Coach, etc...

I walked in and one girl just glared at me like I was a piece of crap. And then she started whispering to her friend and they began to laugh at me. I was so ashamed and humiliated. I.wanted.to.die.

Anyway, I'm here. I've made an appointment to get my hair and nails done tomorrow. I may even buy a few new outfits to get me started. I need a new beginning.

I don't want to be like this anymore.

I want to be normal.

Sorry for the pity party. It felt good confessing that.

I hope to make lots of new friends here.

Karen
karen Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #2  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Hey Karen and welcome. You'll find lots of great support and friends here. And some super motivation too. Congrats to starting!

Food addiction, that feeling of lack of control, it sucks. And unlike alcohol or drugs you can never give up food But you can reprogram your brain or I damn well hope so! I'm a sweet-aholic, I find it really hard to control myself around sweets and the idea of having them in the house... well if I know its there I just want it in my mouth!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/163/130

Height: 5'3

Hello & welcome!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!

do you know which program you are going to use?
Im new myself & may not know a lot but I can give you tons of support thru this!
Debimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #4  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello! The people at the mall might pride themselves on how they look on the surface, but their actions clearly show that deep down, they are incredibly ugly. The only thing that those types deserve is to be ignored.

Hurray on the new outfit! I found that getting something new (nifty running shoes) helped me head to the gym and use the outdoor track that I usually avoided. Good luck and keep on posting!
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Welcome!!! I know exactly how you feel with the fashion mall thing. I was on a trip to San Diego earlier this summer and I went to the mall that used to be the fashion mall when I lived there. I was just going to see a movie so I wasn't dressed all that great, not awful but jean shorts and a t-shirt. Well it had apparently morphed for fashion mall to super high end fashion mall. Between my weight and outfit I kept getting those LOOKS, I half expected to be asked to leave lol

Good luck and stick around! It is always easier for me when I am regularly here reading and posting
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

Hi Karen! I know how you feel. I felt so addicted to food and honestly wasn't sure I could ever lose weight. I'm still early in my journey and still struggle every day but I'm doing it!!

I started off with baby steps. Cutting out fast food first. Then diet coke. Then eventually I went to calorie counting. I can still have treats as long as they fit in my daily calorie allowance. The biggest thing though is just getting back on the wagon when you fall off.

Good luck. You can do this!!!

You can do this!!!
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!

*Big hugs* You can do this! Those women who did that really need to grow up.

You have come to a great place for support. :-)
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome! You will find all the support and information you need on these boards. And the best part is, if you can't find it, you can ask! We all all here to cheer you on.
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I want to give you a gigantic virtual hug because I understand where you are completely. I have the same issues with food. I am struggling to redefine that relationship so food is for nourishment and energy rather than emotional suffocation, fun, enjoyment and self-punishment. I gave up on myself for awhile, but now I am fighting my way back and starting again.

LET'S DO THIS!!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Welcome!
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #12  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Hi Karen! Welcome!

I relate so much to your post. I have been overweight forever and I have failed a million times to lose it. I have just rejoined Weight Watchers and I am really enjoying it.

Your mall story reminded me of a time when I was looking at some clothes in the regular size section of a department store. Apparently, I was looking at something that a middle aged woman wanted to look at and I was in her way, so she walked up to me and said "Your size is not here. The large clothes are in another department". Then she pushed her way in so that she could look at the clothes. I always thought that older people would be more considerate, but I was wrong. I was so shocked, I just walked away.

People can be incredibly rude and stupid. That is all about them - not you.

I am sending you a big hug of encouragement and support. You have a lot of friends here. Best wishes on your journey!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote