Old 08-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Should i get a scale??/

Well, i sincerely started logging into MFP and working out hard since past 6 weeks. The results are showing in the way my jeans and other clothes fit. However, i do not have a weighing scale, so cannot really tell about my progress in terms of weight loss ( which is my primary goal). My question is should i rely on my clothes telling me my progress or invest in a weighing scale., And, since we r on the topic, can anyone suggest a reliable scale which is not too expensive.
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

The true measure of your success is what you are seeing in the fit of your clothes, you are changing your shape and getting fitter. Congratulations on that!

That being said I weigh in every day, it's how I start my day on or off program, when I stop weighing in I have in the past started falling off my program, so it's kind of a security blanket for me, I really need to wean off of it. I wish I could do what you're doing.

For years I had a conair weight watchers scale, it worked great, I think you can get one for maybe $20 or maybe even less, the trick with the scale is not getting hung up on daily fluctuations, that can drive you crazy, only compare week to week, or beginning and end of month.

I just upgraded to a WW scale that gives body fat measurements as well, I got it at bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon you can get if you sign up for email offers. The first one didn't work after a couple days, they (bb&b) took it back, no questions and gave me another one that has worked like a champ for a couple of months now.

Best of luck and again congrats on your success so far!

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/310.4/150

Height: 5'1"

I say get a scale. A size is about 15 lbs, so the scale & your clothes will back each other up as you go along. If you're not used to having one, you don't need to weigh-in often.
Lass22 is offline   Reply With Quote