View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
patns

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPetite View Post
The best thing that happened to me the entire summer is that I got to spend indoors the majority of it, only ventured outside to go to my job. I swear I'm not being sarcastic or mean. I live in Texas and the weather has been so horrible. Triple digits. Horrendous.
I can relate to that in reverse; I live in semi Northern Canada and winter is horrifically cold. Horrifically hot or horrifically cold is the same I think.You just inspired me to get out for a nice long walk while the weather is nice.

The best thing about my summer is that I am flying to the other side of Canada to where I grew up next week. While I am there we are having a reunion of the girls who went through school together in our small town to celebrate turning 65 this year.

I have not lost all the weight I have been working on over the years but I was about the fattest when we graduated and now I am one of the closest to normal weight for my age and height judging by all the grandmother pictures on FB. Granted just about everyone looks fantastic with beautiful skin and hair.

I'm not blowing my own horn but am training myself to remember how far I have come even if I haven't been perfect.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, I won't even think it is almost over because it is so brief here and I should have some wonderful hot days when I go to the east coast next week.