View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #51
Laura705

Morning all.

Mel - Yikes, that building of yours has the makings of a real poseidon adventure! The plumber could be a permanent staff member. Hope it all gets resolved quickly.

Annie - OUCH!!! for the poor toe, on top of your continuing foot/ankle problem. You really should give steel-toed shoes some serious thought!!! Wow, bad news for St. Louis. Hope the rain stops/moves on. Yeh, we've had rainy patches, but nothing significant here. I'll have to water the garden tonight too.

Shad - Sorry neither of the jobs came through, but maybe you need more time off work - you still sound busy as all get-out, even when you say things are slowing down around the house! I'm now experiencing the cursor issues you've mentioned, grrr. I'm glad your back isn't sore, but with all the gardening you do, I guess you're conditioned for that type of movement. Your new garden sounds lovely - azaleas are so pretty. Too bad I'm not in the right zone for those... Re the squats, they really don't take very long, but then again I'm doing several sets at different intervals, mostly during the evening. If you were a die-hard and could do all 230 at once, it would likely take 5 minutes or less, and that's going at a normal pace. I will time myself on a set of 25 or 50 and report back. I learned about the squat challenge from a blogger. Here's a fb page link for the 30-day schedule. https://www.facebook.com/pages/30-Da...09536482550422

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

==
Nothing much to report. I used my new iron this morning and it's nice. This one has a stainless steel sole plate and it seems to glide easier than my old one, which had some sort of non-stick finish. Which confirms what Consumer Reports said in their reviews of irons.

It's day 29 of the squat challenge, 240 squats. So far I have 35 done.

I have a volunteer day tomorrow so I will be out of the office most of the day - I probably won't post tomorrow until late afternoon, if at all. Tomorrow night is Jazzercise class. And day 30 of the challenge!!

Friday I have a doctor appointment, so I decided to take the day off work. Whoo!!!

Okay, back to it. The boss is in an all-day training session, so my contact with her is going to be practically nil the rest of the week and I'm not unhappy about that.

Today I'm grateful for my bf - he's funny, kind, loving, and smart. I'm lucky to have him in my life. And I'm not just saying that because he fixed the pedal on my bike yesterday!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote