Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #1  

Default Binge-free in August!

Another thread for support and accountability. I'm coming off another bad binge streak but I feel good about today , good luck to us all in the last full calendar month of summer.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

the beggining of august was bad for me. i binged today and yesterday since i returned home from uni. i'm so anxoius around my family, all they care is my weight, my looks, did i gain or loose , etc i can't even stand to be around them. they always evaluate me. i can't wait for the end of the month to go back. i can't deal with the pressure right now but i'm determined not to cave in anymore.thank god for my friends who keep me sane at the moment.
good luck everyone!
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

My birthday was the 1st of August, so I treated myself (though perhaps a little too much). I had a bowl of Macaroni and Cheese, plus two cupcakes and a hedgehog slice. But the strange thing was, I didn't feel bad about it. On August 2nd I picked up where I'd left off on July 31st. I am determined to not do anything like that again until my next birthday, or Chirstmas (haha).
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #4  

I'd never heard of a hedgehog slice, I love anything related to fudge.

These last few days have not been too difficult though size wise I'm still carrying weight from my last binge. I think going forward I want to spend less effort keeping track of days, it feels too much like I'm counting myself down to an inevitable crash.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #5  

few days of minor binging are behind me. i'm trying intuitive eating but it ends up with late night nutella spoon licking because of the stress my family is causing.
i had a thoutght today...if i had eat moderately in the past few months i could have been almost at goal right now. so i decided to try to eat normally and losing app. 4 pounds a month.that way i won't obsess about limited food and calories and will only up on my exercise. hopefully it works!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #6  

@sunshine: I don't think I could ever do intuitive eating, it reminds me too much of when I would eat 1600 calories for breakfast and then try to starve myself for the rest of the day, that was horrible and usually ended in a binge. Have your ever tried asking your family to back off with weight comments because they're stressing you out? I'm sure you have your reasons either way.

Incidentally, my dad is inviting a bunch of people over here tomorrow for a greasy southern style open pot all day dinner thing. I hate these things and will do my best to be out of the house all day. I actually don't really like my dad's cooking, besides being unhealthy, it's overcooked and bland, with fat, salt and pork being the only discernible seasoning. I won't have a problem overeating that stuff, but...someone will bring a cake, maybe homemade, maybe store bought, it doesn't matter there will be a cake in the house and it'll be calling my name all night. There are already packaged cookies and mini candy bars here the night before which I can resist, but an already sliced cake? It's not fair. I don't know if I should allot myself a slice now or just try to avoid it, I figure if I can stay out of the house until about 8 and then go to bed around 11 I should be alright and just hope there won't be any left in the morning.

I turned my computer back on just to type this as I've been doing well since the 2nd (either hitting goal or still eating reasonably when I go over my goal, I don't seem to be losing as fast as I had hoped but eating orderly is priority #1 and I have lost over the course of the week), hopefully it helps.

EDIT: Overate a bit and now I'm done . Drinking some seltzer before going to the gym.

EDIT:2 Well, I went to the gym but then I came home and ate half a pie (In my defense, I didn't know it was here before I left!) and a ton of cheap ice cream (you know, the kind that comes in tubs), and some yogurt, and some raisins, and a cookie. Oh well, could be much worse given my history; G'night, all.

Last edited by Granola; 08-11-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #7  

There's a ton of junk in the house right now and I'm having a hard time not eating all of it, it's not fair, I didn't buy any of this!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #8  

granola i'm totally in the same boat right now.

i've had two bad binges in the past few days. i binged on cookies only because i stay up late at night and wake up in the middle of the day and i'm procrastinating with my studying. i'm so bloated and swllen and i was supposed to go to a wedding on a saturday but i decided not to go becuase i haven't reached my goal weight and i couldn't stand the criticism from my family, but on the other hand i'm really sad i won't be going. i guess that's also on of the deeper reasons why i was binging so much. i deprive myself for social events because of my weight instead i should just own it. most of the time i feel good in my body, that is untill someone ruins my confidence with their critics how fat i am. ughh will this cycle ever end?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #9  

Horrible mess of a weekend. Family stress (my dad is getting re-married and I'm seemingly the last to know + no has told me ANYTHING except for my step mom to be (who I met for the first time a week ago) asking me what I thought about marriage, I really hate my family right now), plus, I stayed at my sister's house over the weekend (alone) and as usual ate EVERYTHING in the cabinets (she has tons of junk that I would never buy, it's like as soon as I enter that house I forgot how to cook and go straight for the cabinets, I'm so sore from working out and then re-feuling with junk). And I'm stressed about school starting next week, and am worried that my co-workers at my new job don't like me enough to invite me out with them. I'm back at my house now and there's a cake and a ton of biscuits in the fridge so I'll have to deal with not binging on those tomorrow. My stomach hurts.

At the same time as all of this though, I feel a renewed conviction to lose these last few pounds, it might just be school starting again soon but I very desperately want to be in shape. I'm going to try and work on mini-goals (say, 2-3 days clean) instead of long-term '3 months to get in shape' goals. I'm done eating for the night so I hope to get back on the horse tomorrow morning and stay on.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #10  

Sooo I guess there's no point in making a thread for September as this one was not very popular. I haven't binged in a while but I have been overeating daily in a way that's not disordered but also is not helping me towards my goal. Tomorrow I'll give the dieting thing another shot.