Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Default August chat

Wow, it's August already? This year is flying by. At the beginning of the year, if you had told me I wouldn't even be halfway to my goal by August, I would have been very discouraged. But I'm starting to get this whole patience and commitment thing. I am happy with my progress so far and I am excited to continue on this journey. What about you?

We found a kitten in our yard last weekend. She's about 10 weeks old and adorable. The kids have been wanting a kitten for awhile, so I guess it was time! We did check around and make sure she didn't belong to anyone. Another neighbor actually found her a couple weeks ago and was going to keep her, but she kept getting out of their house (obviously) so she was trying to find her a new home anyway. Yay kittens!!!!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! I am pretty proud of my year so far too, and am determined to stick to it this time. I feel so much better and feel so much more confident!
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #3  
Cindy

MrsD: It looks like we have similar stats. You are doing great! You're right, we CAN do this!! Also, I homeschool too. Just finished making next week's lesson plans to start the new "school" year. I'm not sure if my kids are ready, but I am! lol
Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #4  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

It is definitely flying by.

I had a not awesome week this week. My sister and her fiancé were down from Alaska. He's originally from LA via El Salvador and has never been the South. So all week it's been, "lets go eat at x restaurant", "please make gumbo/fried chicken/jambalaya/étouffé/ beignets" all week. So I decided to take a break from tracking this week and eat as my hunger dictated. I also didn't make any exercise time between entertaining and work.

But! Happy side. I didn't gain and lost 0.4 lbs. when I weighed myself yesterday I was 1 lb lighter but I think it was a salty leftovers dinner that did me in. Overall, it made me feel really proud of myself that I didn't gain 3-5 lbs like I usually do off plan for a week.

There's hope that habits are sticking in my brain!

Forkeeps: how exciting! I've been trying to talk my husband into a new kitten/puppy, but he looks at me like I'm a crazy person as our dog is old and grumpy and we are doing that whole "trying to conceive" thing.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

forkeeps- Awww, I love kittens! enjoy your new little friend!

weighed in at 174.2 today - finally - I was starting to think I would never get below 175! I attribute having a satisfying food available for much of the week that made me not want to cheat ( I cooked a few servings of pasta and tomato sauce that I mixed with various veggies and ground chicken). I need to think of something quick and good for this week - I tend to cheat more when I don't really like my meals.

Clothes shopping is still interesting....I am expecting that people are looking at me like, 'she can't get in these clothes- what is she doing?' and then I try the largest size and am surprised that it is actually too big. Also, at the gym, people from my yoga class ask me if I am going to the power yoga class - they are surprised when I say I don't know if I can do it and tell me I shouldn't have a problem. then when I research for a cruise I am planning, I see 250 lb weight limits on things and wonder if people will think I am too heavy. it is hard to shed the mentality of the 36 pound heavier version of me.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #6  
Cindy

Jilu: Wow, eating all that rich food and not gaining is quite an accomplishment! It sounds like great practice for maintenance.

straightahead: Good for you! And wow, a cruise sounds fun! I understand about not getting used to being smaller. I am still wearing the exact same clothes I was wearing 40 pounds ago. In my opinion they still fit (especially in the waist) but a couple people have told me my shorts are way too big. I guess they are too wide in the legs but my tummy and waist are not getting any smaller yet. It's frustrating.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

Hey everyone. I am still alive. July was a rough month weight loss wise. The week of my house fire was a stress induced eating free-for-all as was my birthday week. I have been struggling to get back on plan. But here I am, albeit 3.6 pounds heavier than my lowest weight. I have a vacation coming up on September 13 and I want to lose as much as possible before then. I want to look good for my pictures at Harry Potter World and feel good in my swimsuit.

Hope you are all doing well!

Alyssa
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/265/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I agree that this year is flying by crazy fast! Then again, for me that's partly because I have 3 part-time jobs, several family commitments, and a grandfather who is dealing with terminal cancer. However, for the first time in my life I am putting my health first and eating healthy and exercising rather than using the stress and busy-ness as an excuse to lay around on the couch when at home. It also helps that I am now at my lowest weight in many years so that is motivating. =)
KaseyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #9  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

August. Boy o boy. I'm with you forkeeps. I thought I could plan out the weightloss week by week. And that just isn't how it works. I am seeing very very slow weight loss. My sister, who started this journey just a few weeks before me, just hit 50lbs lost! I am so proud of her, and ready to be right there with her. I have like 3 more lbs or something annoying to get me there. I have been really trying to pump up the water intake, because I don't know what else to do.

I went to a step class last night, and it was pretty fun. It isn't mindless, that is for sure!

Alright, well happy week to everyone. I weigh in on Friday and am hoping for a significant number!!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #10  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I have been super busy with work and life, but here I am and tonight I lost my second 5lbs since joining WW. You know I could look at that really negative and be upset because it's not more. Or, I can say hey I've lost 10 lbs and I'm going to keep losing more! Yeah, that is what I'm saying.

Hope you are all having a good summer. Super jealous about getting a kitten. How I wish I could have a kitten. *glares over at hubby!*
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #11  
Cindy

Alyssa: You sure did have a tough month in July. A house fire is so scary! I hope your life is getting back to normal this month. Have fun at Harry Potter World. The last time we were at Universal, it was just a couple weeks from being opened, so we really need to get back to experience it.

KaseyMack: So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Good for you for keeping perspective and staying on track, that is never easy to do during difficult times.

smashlers: You will be at 50 pounds before you know it! And I am impressed by the step class. I have tried those several times and I was either completely out of step with the entire class, or I was on my butt on the floor. Coordination and me are not great friends.

Teresa: Congrats on 10 pounds! That is definitely a significant number, especially since you've kept it off for that amount of time. Slow and steady and permanent is much better than fast and drastic and temporary. Keep it up!

So I was up .2 this week. I think my weight loss pattern is changing. I am going to focus on eating more vegetables and less weekly points. A funny story: last night at Waffle House one of the waitresses commented on my weight loss (haven't had many of those comments yet). I think that's a testament to how well WW works for me; I am down 40 pounds so far despite the fact that we go to Waffle House often enough for the servers to know me. LOL
Old 08-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #12  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Just popping in to say hi.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been really struggling to keep tracking my points. I am soooooooooo freaking lazy when it comes to consistent behavior. I know that if I don't track I will over eat my points and I will NOT lose. Ugghhhh!

I'm vowing to do better.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #13  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I've been very busy putting in as many hours as possible at my old job, before leaving to train for my new appointment as a Graduate TA for the English department. Monday, I will have my first class of English 101 then several of my own classes. I am very excited, because this is what I want to do with my life. Also, I reached onederland!

After finding a bald patch under my hair on my scalp and going into the doctor for exams and tests, I was diagnosed with alopecia areata. It's an autoimmune disease where my body attacks hair follicles. Over the course of my life, I might go completely bald, partially, lose all of my hair everywhere, have it grow back (white or my color) just to have it fall out again. With this plus PCOS and severe asthma, I'm trying not to feel like some genetic lottery loser.

But then again, I'm doing something I LOVE by being a TA and I've hit onederland with no intention of stopping; what's a little baldness?
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps View Post
MrsD: It looks like we have similar stats. You are doing great! You're right, we CAN do this!! Also, I homeschool too. Just finished making next week's lesson plans to start the new "school" year. I'm not sure if my kids are ready, but I am! lol
awesome! small world we just started school again today.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #15  

I've had some bad moments recently but I refuse to let it stop me. I had one bad week, last week was really good, didn't even touch my weeklies until Saturday and that's only cause we were traveling and celebrating lol however Saturday and sunday were baaaaaaddddd lol but I am back on track today and plan to stick to it! Setting small goals here & there. I plan to not touch my weeklies again next week (already dove in yesterday) and I also plan on not touching popcorn in September!