South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tip Top Tuesday Beach Chat 8/6

Ahhhh memories. I am waiting for my train next to two NYPD recruits. Seems like yesterday I was in my grays going to the academy. Glad that is behind me

Natasha thanks for the info. I follow up with the dr next week

Nothing new on the horizon. What's new in your neck of the woods?
Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hope things clear up fast for you, Jekel, and hope the doc gets you some good meds.

It's coolish this morning but a sunny day. I love temps that stay in the low 70's for getting things done. I've already washed the back room floor - seems canned dog food does not agree with my darlings' digestive systems. I was out of kibble but had some left from D's post-dental diet.

We had a great run of customers at the Mill Cafe this long weekend. This morning I will tally up, pay some bills and call Brinks to take me to the bank. I also hope to get a bit of gardening done - discovered a prize plant struggling to survive under a huge hosta! I could hear it whimpering when I went by.

The Mill's fund-raising chicken BBQ happens this Sunday. I am on the hook for four pies or other type of dessert. I may make and freeze a slab pineapple cake since I may be going to my son's cottage for the weekend. Gotta love make-ahead stuff! I'm also on the hook for a repeat of my butterscotch squares for the cafe.

Hope your Tuesday is Tip Top! Great title, Jennifer!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What a nifty title for today's thread! Love it, Jennifer! I'm glad your test yesterday discovered what was wrong with you, and hope your doctor has a plan that will help.

I had a very busy, but fun, first day back at the farm yesterday, and it warms my heart that the girls are never too old to greet me with big bear hugs and kisses. I wanted to hear all about their vacation and trip to Yellowstone, but Maggie was more excited to show off her pierced ears that she was promised for her birthday, LOL! They did have a great vacation, though, and all went smoothly at the farm while we were all away.

The girls have Hunt Camp all this week, and I'll have a carload of girls and their friends to pick up and bring back to the house every day. Yesterday we packed a picnic lunch and loaded everyone up on the golf cart and took them swimming in the creek across the road. I don't know what they'll want to do today, but I know it will be something fun.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning jekel! Sounds like your diagnosis is better than surgery, yes? Hope work goes well for you today.

Yesterday was pleasant- I actually did take my kids school shopping, a miracle for me to have it done 4 weeks early! Today is a long day of work, so not too exciting. I am looking forward to talking to my boss again about my schedule , especially with the kids going back to school.

Enjoy your coffee, and your day!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You snuck in, good morning Linda and Ruth!

Ruth, glad to hear the cafe did so well over the weekend. She decided to show up, eh?!
Linda, I had to smile when you talked about the girls. So sweet.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, Anne did show up for all four days with no apologies. We really need her for the weekend of the 17th when Joanne and I won't be around so ...

Sometimes you do what you have to bite your tongue. Joanne and I are perfectly capable of running the cafe but really don't want to. Joanne is salaried staff but I am not and prefer other ways to spend my F/S/S.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel glad you have a diagnosis now atleast

Ruth enjoy your cooler days

Cottage that is sweet and a nice welcome back

Twynn glad you got your shopping done early

Last night ended up just staying home opted out of going to Awana Registration we will just go on first night back next week. On the agenda for today is more meetings and a run to the bank and that is about it. Letting DD2 enjoy her last week of summer break before school starts next week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I take DH to the airport later today - he's flying (thanks to frequent flyer miles) to LA to drive back with DS2 and dog. They'll head out tomorrow morning and hopefully will be home late Thursday. This morning I have a multitude of errands to run.

Have a great day.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Quick check in while my computer boots up! Just thought I'd say hi and I'm thinking of you girls!

Lisa

PS I'm particularly proud of this pic I took of our niece, Frankie, at her 2nd birthday celebration over the weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

I've got my running shoes on and need to jog downstairs for my smoothie and head to work. Fortunately, DH loves making our smoothie, possibly because the vitamix operates with the verocity of a small engine.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies! I have to admit, I've been hiding for a couple of days. I finished my 2 weeks on Phase 1, and foolishly thought "Oh, I can handle reasonable servings of bread. I can overcome the cravings."

Er...no. Just no.

So, back on a quickie phase 1 (just a week, I think) and then into 1.5, fruit only.

In job news, I've applied to probably 30 positions, without hearing much back so far. Two interviews, went nowhere. Bah.

Weezle- OMG your niece is adorableeee! Look at those blue eyes!
Jekel-

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon ladies. Busy morning: early PT, then when I arrived home (with thoughts of more coffee, ice and elevation) DH was about to plant the Black Pine trees we found on clearance yesterday so I helped. Then there was stuff to pick: cauliflower, tomatoes, berries...and suddenly it was lunch time. I found 3 GIGANTIC zucchinis yesterday so it was zuc hashbrowns for breakfast and zucchini lasagna for supper. I have never frozen zucchini before but I think I might try it.

Jennifer, I would think it is a relief to have a diagnosis.
Ruth, glad you had such a great weekend.
Tammy, I think I would rather do back to school shopping rather than the back to college tuition payment I just mailed!
Pearlrose, I'm glad I don't have to go back to school quite yet...

To all the other chicks, hope your Tuesday is tip top!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just saying hello, ladies. OMG, weezle, your neice is beautiful!

Hope everybody's having a good day!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Suddenly realized I left at 7:30 this morning and never even opened 3fc That never happens. Counting down to DD's wedding. even though she really has a handle on all the details I'm starting to feel the stress from my end. Just a few more days. I enjoyed a couple of quiet hours at home and now I'm ready to crash. See you all in the morning
Old 08-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #15  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Hi :)

Hi there,

I'm Amy and I used to post a lot on this site, this is a great site! I haven't been here for awhile but I think I am going to try SBD again so I thought I would post here. I took the SBD book out of my library tonight, I hope to comb through it soon. I have also seen the SBD Wake-Up Call and that looks like a great book. I tried doing SBD online for a few days and I am unfortunately canceling my subscription because it seems like it's not for me, I don't get much out of it.

Have a great night everyone!
Closed Thread