Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Default August Chat Thread !

Well Namaste was the last to post and as she said its AUGUST. SO here is the new chat!

Namaste- I thought I remembered correctly!

Well, had church yesterday evening so Im doomed to 2 Insanity workouts, thankfully on is just stretching. Going to go to the grocery store on lunch to pick up a few things. Today's weight was not as I expected but I know why and not my fault! Lets just say i wish i could upgrade my digestive system.

Last edited by lisa34t; 08-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #2  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Lol my 15 minutes of fame!

-----
Lisa- Yup, you did. I love my crazy fiancé, or is that my fiancé loves to drive me crazy? Lol either way. 2 Insanity workouts? You're braver than me!

----
Well, I have decided to bite the bullet and go to vet tech school. I just can't imagine spending my whole life working where I work. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad job but not something I want to do for the rest of my life. I have always loved working with animals, especially birds, and want to work with exotic birds. I fell in love with my mother-in-law's happy-go-lucky coc-katiel named Noisybird (I named him that, he didn't have a name before and because he tended to squawk at random moments, I named him Noisybird and it stuck.) Anyhoo, after knowing the crazy little birdy I knew I wanted to work with birds.

I am also considering finding a different job to work while I'm in college, one with more flexible hours and one where I wouldn't stick out so bad. I mean, not a soul is like me in that place. I just want to make some positive changes to myself cause I know I'm so much better than what I allow myself to be!

Well, that about wraps it up for me. Take care all!

Last edited by namaste984; 08-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Namaste984, congratulations on making that decision to follow your passions! Hopefully you can find a way to balance work and school, I know a few people who have done so successfully and they are always an inspiration.

As for me, I just finished up a round of work about half an hour ago, and I have work again tomorrow. Tonight there was a graduation on my campus of an alternative medicine school. Their graduations are very tiny (it is a school of graduate studies), but the people are also very nice. They decorate with a lot of cut flowers and tonight they gave us some for working the event! I am now the proud owner of four peach and pink colored roses and one sunflower. Tomorrow morning I plan on walking to the garden store and buying some materials to try to root them and make them into bushes! My mom doesn't like roses and so we don't have any at home, however I also received good news this evening.

I have been working on my campus all summer long, and summer housing closes on the 7th. I am scheduled to work until the start of classes. I turned in a form and am now allowed to move into my fall housing on the 7th!!!! I am super excited to check out my new place, and I feel that having live plants will really help me get over being in such a big place alone. That and I intend on having the BF over for cookie making (he can't cook and is a picky eater, I do nothing but cook delicious food he either can't or won't eat haha :P).
Tomorrow's trip to the garden store will be lovely!!! <3
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

August is here everyone! This will probably be my last post before I disappear for a week. I'm going to Kyoto with my lovely boyfriend on Monday. It's funny, this weekend is the first weekend in a LONG time that I've been on my own (usually spend it with the boyfriend but he's visiting a friend) and I realise that I become a hermit when left to my own company. Seriously have just been watching TV all day -_-. BUT I have been planning my vacation and figuring out what outfits to wear (whilst dancing to the music I had playing at the time...is that a workout?!). I've got a pair of genie pants and I love them and they look great on me...but it's SO HOT in Kyoto so I'm worried they might make me become more of a sweat monster. Probably going to risk it anyway, all for looking good. Oh the vanity.

I also didn't nap today, which is what I always do when I'm alone all day. I'm seriously like a cat, aren't I? Tomorrow I'm going to pack, maybe go to Ueno and do some shopping for hair accessories (going to be having my hair up so want it to look purdy), Skype with a friend I haven't spoken to in ages and then get really nervous about the travelling the next day! I don't fear travel I just get all jittery about going somewhere that I haven't been before even though it's usually fine.

As for weight stuff, well I'm heading up towards the 160s again which is entirely my fault since I've been acting like a sloth. BUT I recently got introduced to Blogilates.com (posted by another member on the forum) and checked out what she's all about. It's run by Cassey Ho who's a fitness instructor and she makes these really cool monthly calendars that link to her variety of fitness videos. When I signed up for her newsletter (to get the password to see the calendar) I was emailed a beginners calendar so I'm going to give it a go when summer vacation is done. That's going to be on the 19th August. I did a little meal plan today, combining her healthy recipes, my own recipes and the Insanity nutrition guides recipes. So it's pretty much a sheet of things I should be making for myself and not succumbing to EVIL READY MADE MEALS. The calendars are really appealing to the eye too and I'm a sucker for that so I'm super excited to get it started. It's staring me right in the face as I type this.

But first things first, summer vacation. 4 days in Kyoto and then a week of my friend visiting me in Tokyo. I have jammed all of what Tokyo has to offer in a week so I intend on not restricting my eating so I figured eff trying to stay on plan and healthy and just enjoy it. I am going to be doing A LOT of walking, so I hope the none stop exploring/being a tour guide will shed some weight on its own. I can hope right?! The summer heat/humidity has kicked in so I'll be drinking a lot more water so that should help too.

Really looking forward to my adventures, I'm almost wishing this weekend away so I can get started. Ooh, on a random boring note I had the best nights sleep I've had last night. Since my boyfriend wasn't here to wake me up with his annoying snoring/weird sleeping noises (he clicks his tongue in his sleep, seriously wtf) I got uninterrupted z's. I woke up feeling like it was midday but it was only like 9am. Wow, I'm so lame right now aren't I?!

Anywho, if I don't post tomorrow have an awesome week!

---

lisa - 2 Insanity workouts?! Even the stretching ones wear me out. Those squat pulses set fires off throughout my body. BEAST!

namaste - Congrats on your new life direction! Sounds like you're on the right track to happiness

Davi - Your Mum doesn't like roses? How can one dislike a flower?! Good luck gardening! What job do you have?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #5  

So I am stressed right now, and it has a lot to do with the fact that my room is a mess, I have papers to write, and I am moving to my fall housing assignment in two days time. I am putting off everything that NEEDS to be done for things which ease my stress (such as looking at houses on Zillow), which is both easing my stress while I do said things, but adding to the stress as those things which NEED to be done, are not being done. I've made a list of things to do, and am currently on the second item, cleaning off my desk. Which of course means turn on Pandora, check facebook, and post here. >.< I wish I knew how to change this behavior.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Woohoo! August!! I'm really looking forward to October though, when it *finally* starts cooling down around here. But for now, I get 100+ degrees until further notice. Yuck!

Because of that disgusting heat, I'm looking for ways to keep myself working out while indoors. I wish I could just go to the gym on post like everyone else, but sharing a car with DH is proving difficult for me to get anywhere. On the other hand, I could always just do P90X again...or not lol

This past weekend has been awful in the way of keeping the calories low, but all the "weight" I put on is purely water weight, so I'm back to watching what I eat today and chug-a-lugging that water.

Davikat I wish I knew how to stop procrastination as well. When you find that magic pill, sell me a few!!

lisa I sincerely bow to your greatness for doing 2 Insanity workouts in a day. I've only done two of those workouts ever and I started crying like a frustrated little kid halfway through both of them. Never again. I'll stick with p90x thank you!
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #7  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 272/260/150

Height: 5'7 Age: 23

Ahhhh I'm really hoping I can do some good this month! I am back to where I started at 260. I started the week off pretty good! I'm going to exercise tonight as well. I hope you ladies had a good Monday. c:
Bunnydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #8  

Well I managed to put away my laundry and clear off my bed...but then I also added in talking to EVERYONE on my friends list and deciding to apply to the Peace Corps...which involved informing my boyfriend what that would entail. So in about a year I may be breaking up with him.I sure as **** do not expect him to wait 27 months for me, and I don't really know where life is going to lead me during my time, but I know that this is something I want to do. I still have papers and projects to do. I figure if I do one of the papers and head to bed I will be able to rise early and get the other one done.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #9  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

ladies! just popping in to say I am still here and working hard.Life is crazy and i am running consitently as well as working out with friends 6 days a week. scale is slow but the inches are coming off fast. I am my old ten jeans! what an amazing feeling. I couldn't even pull them up last month! haha

Last edited by sun; 08-09-2013 at 10:20 AM.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #10  

Congratulations Sun!
I am in a stressful situation today. I am attempting to finance my last year of m undergraduate degree, and not having any luck. I have no credit history, and all the people I know with a credit history have bad credit. I am really down in the dumps today.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #11  
Underdog to Beastmode

WTG Sun! You look great!
------
I finally quit my horrible gas station job to focus more on school and myself. Ever since I quit, the weight has fallen off. I went from 222.5 to 217.0, which is my lowest weight so far. I would love to see the elusive 216, which has been the weight I have been aiming for. That would mean exactly 15 pounds lost. Also, my GI problems stopped when I quit. I have been having horrible GI issues and I thought it was from my supplements since stuff like Valerian can cause GI issues, but I guess it was from severe stress and lots of bad food.

And yes, I'm going to vet tech school! I am doing it online through a for-profit school (yes I know, but my fiancé went to a for-profit college and has had no problems finding work) and so far I have all A's and am studying hard. Because of the nature of the job and needing some hands-on experience, I am going to volunteer at the animal shelter I used to volunteer at.

That's about it for me. I hope you guys have a fantastic day and I will chat with you guys later!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 286/283/150

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!! I'm new around here but hoping to hop in on the discussions
TheTragicJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #13  

Congrats Namaste! and Welcome Joy!
Well the finance part of school is still kind of hanging in limbo right now, but I am not going to worry about it. I spent the weekend on a Church vacation where we went camping and visited A TON of church history sites! It was just the thing to recenter me on the important things of life (faith, family, friends). I feel like a lot of stress has just been removed from my shoulders.

So essentially if we are unable to find a financing option, I will be putting my education on hold, filling out an "intention to return" form at the register's office, and joining the Americorps NCCC for the winter term. I'd work on paying off one of my loans in the process and hopefully by the end of my service I'd be able to finance the last three classes I need to graduate.

My mother is unhappy about this plan as she believes that any pause in attending school will mean I will not go back. We had long arguments about it which were emotionally draining. I ended up binging on food afterwards, and then going camping. If I hadn't gone camping this weekend, I think my mindset would be a lot worse now.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #14  
Underdog to Beastmode

Davi- I feel ya girl! I'm worried about how quitting my job will affect my education too, but thankfully the remaining paychecks will cover the program and keep me from having to quit going to school. Normally my parents would pay for it, but my parents are a little weird and refuse to cover me for college unless its something they approve of. My parents wanted me to go into a certain field even though I had a lot of options I wanted which did not include that field. So trust me, I understand the family strife. Church history visits sound fun! I'm a Buddhist myself but my fiancé is a Christian so I like churches and things like that. I got to see the Vatican when I was in college and I thought that was super cool, beautiful paintings and all that.

Joy- Hope you have a great time here!

------
I have been sticking to my diet thus far. I went to Whole Foods this morning (AKA Whole Paycheck, lol) and ate a really good breakfast. I am hoping to go to the Farmer's Market this week and get some good veggies to make salads and such. I'm also going to try to do the Glow Run 5K again this September and add to my medal collection (of one medal, lol). I don't know if I will run it with only a few weeks to train, but I will definitely be running it next year!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #15  

Hi, I'm going to hop in here too. I'm about to go back to school for a masters program in special education and also earn a certificate in applied behavior analysis. I'm going to be paying this off for a while when I get out and I'm freaked out about finding a job because my husband is leaving the Army about a month after I graduate so I'm going to be like eeek pressure is on! But we have no children so that's a load of stress off our backs, and that's in 2015 so we're going to start putting away what we can to live off of that for a little while when that happens.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote