Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/212/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking I avoided a binge!

I went to the store, depressed that I had pigged out so many times this week. I started weight watchers recently, and had lost almost 8 lbs. But this week I pigged out so badly I may have gained a lot.

ANYWAY

The point is, I went to the store depressed and just wanting to pig out because "who cares, I blew it anyway" and also, was craving so many things so badly. So I picked out all this stuff, wandered around for a long time, putting things back on the shelf, picking out new foods to pig out on...

I eventually succeeded, in a moment where the cravings subsided slightly, to put it ALL back and leave the store buying only the veggies and stuff I had planned to get. I also bypassed the wine store which was RIGHT THERE.

So BOO YEAH!!! I did it!! I successfully avoided a crazy pig out binge. I have never actually done that before. Usually once my mind is made up to pig out, I'm beyond the realm of rational thought. But not this time!!!
Isadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Yay! Keep up the good work!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #3  

Good stuff- well done!!
snowpatrolchlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #4  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

The fact the you were able to regain control at that point is really great! You should be so proud of yourself!

I will remember your story the next time I think about binging.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #5  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

That is beautiful. Congrats. It is absolutely a cause to celebrate. I know what your mind feels like pre-binge. It is exceptionally hard to stop that derailed train of thoughts.

BRAVO.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 301/258/145

Awesome for you! Think of it as another step in the process that you climbed. Keep up the good work
sando5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #7  
diamondgeog

Fantastic. I try, when possible, it isn't always, to be as full as I can be when going to a store. I am planning to go after work today so that is an example when I most likely will be a bit hungry.

But whenever I can I like to eat a nice protein/veggie meal be nice and full and then go shop. I make much better choices that way.

Also someone said this and I had never thought of it. But if you never go down an aisle in a supermarket you are probably going to be ok. Think about it. Meats, dairy, fruits, veggies are all on the outside usually. In other words FOOD is on the outside. Processed yuck is on the aisles.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8''

Wow! That's like, superhero level self-control, you should be very proud!
FatCroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good job!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #10  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Nice! i know this feeling you are talking about. When I win this battle I feel amazing every time. When I lose I feel horrible. Keep it up lovely you can do it!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote