Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #1  

Default Fitness bands (jawbone up, Fitbit, etc)

Does anyone have one of these? I'm debating buying one and I was curious what people think about them. I've heard good and bad things but I figured if anyone would know, it would be 3fc!
SarahLynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #2  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

I have the Fitbit Ultra and the One! Currently using the One, its the upgrade from the Ultra and syncs with my Galaxy s3. I LOVE the little booger! They have a great community for users, you can add friends from around the US and see each others steps in a daily/weekly ranking. I still have a heart rate monitor because Fitbit cant exactly measure how hard Im working! I love it and wear it daily!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I've got a Jawbone UP, which.. I'm wearing right now.

It's a bracelet/wristband that has a little cap you pull off... and you plug it directly into the headphones jack of your phone to sync with the app. It's meant to be worn... pretty much all the time, and is apparently waterproof, but I still take it off to shower.

I love mine, simply for a bit of accountability. I might feel like I had a slightly lazy day, but when I plug in my UP and discover that I took less than 500 steps the whole day, it really hammers the point home and encourages me to take a walk.

It tracks your steps and the intensity of your speed in a little chart and tells you:
- Your active time
- Your longest time active
- Your longest idle time
- Your resting calorie burn
- Your active calorie burn
- Your total calorie burn for the day

You can also set it to vibrate if you've been sitting still for too long. I have mine set to lazy-buzz me after an hour. (And I move my hands and arms around all over the place while at my desk, but it can still tell that I haven't stood up and moved, unlike a traditional pedometer.)

The Jawbone UP also works as a silent alarm, tracking your light and deep stages of sleep (in a handy little chart) and wakes you up within a "window" of time you set. I need to be up by 7, so between 6:15 and 7, it gauges when I'm MOST awake, and buzzes like mad to wake me up.

It also allows you to set it to powernap mode, and it'll track you falling asleep and wake you up after one deep sleep cycle.

In the app, you can log exercises, snap pictures of your meals and track your eating. The band also connects with all kinds of other apps, but I haven't explored that feature too much.

That's my little description, but you get a better idea from the website.
http://www.jawbone.com/up

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #4  

I love it! Totally going to have to buy one...
SarahLynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

I bought a jawbone up and it stopped working after 48 hours, so it's on its way back to the supplier

I am wondering if the Fitbit flex will be better.
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote