Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

Default Suffer My Hotness!

The main reasons I need to lose weight are my health and my mobility. I have watched the problems that my sister and mother have endured due to their weight issues. I need to change before I am too far down the same path.

But the immature and petty part of me is tickled by the thought of my ex boyfriend's face when he sees that I have reached my goals. When I hem and haw about exercising, I think of that face and I think "Suffer my hotness!" It's a motivational tool. It helps me get started and keeps my pace quick. I don't want to get back together with him. But I want to haunt his dreams. Having him suffer even a little bit is a fantastic bonus.

(He was actually great about my weight. He never mentioned it. I wasn't happy about being 75 pounds heavier than him. But I still want him to gasp and bang his head against the wall!)

Is there anyone that you want to have look at you at your goal weight and think "Damn she looks good!"? Friends? Family? Ex? Enemy?

(This post goes out to Guacamole who was amused by my battle cry.)

Last edited by Amy Remixed; 07-31-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Clarification
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #2  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

I feel ya about the ex!

my auntie lives in Australia, despite my up and down weight over the years, as we only see her every so often, it seems to have worked out that she has only ever seen me at a high weight. I would love to be slimmer by the time she comes to visit next (should be around 2 years time.)
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Class reunion, lol! I would love to be able to go to a class reunion and have the guys think, "Wow!" As it is now, I avoid class reunions.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

My high school boyfriend broke up with me in 2002 after we had been dating for over 5 years. I probably weighed about 260 when he dumped me. It took me a long time to get over him. Last year, I got this Facebook message from him. I weighed about 165 in the picture he was referring to.

"For some reason i went to your page and saw the pic of you and sean. oddly enough it disturbed me, even after all this time. could you block me from your page. if i had had the balls to say something years ago i wouldnt still think (what if) and i know we need to still be on somewhat friendlly terms since i am friends with matt and elizabeth. but i dont want the temptation of lookin in to see what you are up too. sorry this is coming out now, but it really put me in a depression yesturday."

He had just gotten married a few months before. I feel kinda sorry for him, but it still felt really good. I totally won that breakup.

Last edited by Skinnycow; 07-31-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
My high school boyfriend broke up with me in 2002 after we had been dating for over 5 years. I probably weighed about 260 when he dumped me. It took me a long time to get over him. Last year, I got this Facebook message from him. I weighed about 165 in the picture he was referring to.

"For some reason i went to your page and saw the pic of you and sean. oddly enough it disturbed me, even after all this time. could you block me from your page. if i had had the balls to say something years ago i wouldnt still think (what if) and i know we need to still be on somewhat friendlly terms since i am friends with matt and elizabeth. but i dont want the temptation of lookin in to see what you are up too. sorry this is coming out now, but it really put me in a depression yesturday."

He had just gotten married a few months before. I feel kinda sorry for him, but it still felt really good. I totally won that breakup.
Yes you did, Skinnycow While I know that whenever we make the decision to makeover our lives in any way, shape or form, it should always be self-motivated and NOT for someone else, there is an unspeakable satisfaction that comes when you receive an unexpected message like the one you did. Congratulations on all your success!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Can I just say that I love that line??
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #7  

Skinnycow - Wow! He just got married and your hotness disturbed him. Yes you won that one.

ChickieChicks - Of course you can love that line. I love it. You reached your goals. Did you make any suffer your hotness? Damn girl! I just looked at your goal photos. You look amazing, healthy and happy. And you've maintained it. Fantastic!

Last edited by Amy Remixed; 07-31-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added note
Old 07-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/209/130

Height: 4-11

Having been larger most of my life I can relate. Sure, there are some family and a few ex friends I would love to see me once I reach my goal. Ultimately though I have found...the best revenge is to find happiness within and exude it without. Its revenge without saying or doing anything. As usually those that used to put me down all the time are not even happy within themselves.Suffice it to say, the very few people I surround myself with now are supportive and strong and the few to me are worth more than having many who truly do not care.Have a beautiful day.
Tangible Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

No matter the cause of the break up, I think most people want to gloat just a little about losing and looking better.

My husband and I split over 25 years ago. It wasn't a bad break up, as break ups go. We stayed friendly for the sake of our daughter. He remarried. I didn't. His current wife is not real attractive, is chubby, and "looks and acts" older than her actual age. (I assume I act MUCH younger and cooler than my age might indicate! HaHa.) Two years ago when I was losing, I ran into him and his current wife at a dance. I had lost about 80 pounds. My friends and I were dancing up a storm. He and the current wife were sitting at a table with all their friends eating and talking and never dancing. I saw them but they didn't see me. I walked past their table on purpose and was looking him in the eye from 5 feet away before he recognized me. The wife was "looking through me" as she didn't recognize me at all! When he called me by name, she whipped her head around and said (in a VERY loud voice) "OMG - I didn't recognize you! I heard you were dieting but I never expected you'd lose that much!" I apparently took her completely by surprise. It made every skipped snack or cookie or french fry SOOOO worth it! And I don't even dislike them! Lol! It's normal, I think, to want the ones that left you behind to notice.

Good luck on this journey. Do it for health reasons, but enjoy the added bonus of making someone say "Darn."

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Haha I love these stories! I had an incident a couple of months ago when I ran into my ex and his new girlfriend out at a bar (this girl was partly the reason why we broke up so needless to say-I'm not a big fan of hers). The last time I saw him I was about 50 lbs heavier. I saw them but they didn't see me right away. Finally, my ex noticed me, did a double take and LEFT his girlfriend on the other side of the bar to come say hi to me! He gives me a hug and the first words out of his mouth were "You look amazing!" We chatted for a bit and I could tell the girlfriend was not happy!

So while I'm sure most of us aren't losing weight for revenge or anything like that-it feels damn good when these moments actually happen!

Last edited by NYFLAgirl; 07-31-2013 at 10:06 PM.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW:238 CW:224.6 GW:120

Height: 4' 11"

These stories are so great!
My very first really serious boyfriend right out of high school was the kind of "put her down so she feels bad about herself and good about me" kind of guy... thank the lord in heaven we aren't together anymore and I learned my lesson!
Anyways... the very first time I had ever been with anyone sexually (I know I know TMI) he turns to me afterwards and slaps my thighs and says "thunder thighs" I seriously thought I was just going to die out of embarrassment.
Anyways... months later, I've broken up with him, I've lost a lot of weight since then, dating someone new, and I post a new picture of me on Facebook.
He automatically messages me being coy and pointing out how good I looked. I'll never get rid of that picture! Never!
AlyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #12  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

The small things are the real treats for me. Having strangers sit next to me on a train. Or take a fleeting second glance at me which leaves a "did that just happen?" kind of feeling and always makes my day. These things were absent at my start weight.

Last edited by IanG; 08-01-2013 at 01:54 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #13  

These stories are ~AWESOME~!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #14  
Pantless

S/C/G: 205/185/170

Height: 5"4'

hehe I have many reasons..but this is DEF one of them. My ex never said anything about my weight before, but when I found out he was cheating on me he actually said a LOT of bad things and my weight was one of them. So I really really wanna slim down and just be like "HEY look who's fat now..oh you want me back? naahh sorry~"

mostly becos I have a boyfriend who already accepts me for my weight and says I'm not even that big which is nice, but he still wants me to happy and is a real supporter to my goals~
Torii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Reading these just made my day. And I love the line 'suffer my hotness'!

Like so many of us I have been bigger since I was young and my younger sister was always the smaller one.

I dropped down from 200+ to around 160 and I was sitting around with my sister (who has gained weight since having a child a few years ago) and her friend and we they were complaining about weight.

I added in that I'd been stuck at 160 for almost 2 months now and would do anything to see the scale budge lower. They both scoffed at me and basically told me to stuff it. It took me aback a moment and then I realized that they were seeing me as the 'skinny' one complaining when I had to right too. It made my day!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote