Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/30/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Tuesday! Getting ready to hit the highway. Another work day, another day trip. :-D

65X65, I wanted to thank you for the link about potassium in veggies. After reading it I realize I am probably getting plenty. I eat so many of the veggies that are high in potassium. I probably don't need to take an extra one. My coach told me that for women an extra potassium can relieve muscle cramps, rather than increasing salt, which works better for men. I am keeping an eye on BP and this morning it is 93/71. My problems seem to happen when I hit the mid 80's over 50's.

NSV yesterday....my daughter said I looked skinny! That's kind of a big deal. Also, when we visited some friends I haven't seen in a while, they said I looked "fantastic"! Made me smile all day. Lol.

Good luck to all on staying OP today. Lisa, thanks for starting the daily chat each day. I love this site!!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

This is definitely a great site!!! I was a Pinterest fan, but since finding this site I spend most of my online time here reading!!!

I used my jullienne peeler again last night with zucchini... It was yummy!!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #4  

Default A New Lease on Life

Good morning

One year ago today I started on a life-changing journey. For those of you with ~100 lbs to lose (or lost), you know what I mean. My goal was to lose 115 lbs. I was in pain, had difficulty moving around too much, was largely sedentary, and was just getting worse. I had spent the summer recovering from foot surgery, which added to problems of being sedentary. I decided in early June that I'd start this diet when we returned from vacation in late July. Then I started reading/learning. In my first 6 weeks on IP, I lost 21 lbs. Talk about motivating!

Along my IP journey, I've had some setbacks but I have never lost my focus. I was put on steroids, which stopped my weight loss for a month. I had an injury that caused inflammation that did the same. I developed thyroid problems, which I have learned can happen to some people if we stay on very low carb diets for a long time (be sure you are being medically monitored if you have a lot of weight to lose and will be P1 for more than 10-12 weeks!). Due to the thyroid problems, I stopped consuming soy and gluten, which caused me to give up some of my favorite IP foods back in January.

After cycling off and approximately 6 weeks of phase 3 & 4 and a month-long vacation out-of-state when I did not weigh (and my clothes fit the same!), I restarted P1 yesterday. Since I stuck with IP while giving my thyroid a much-needed rest, it really didn't feel like I was restarting anything.... Just a continuation. No feelings of deprivation. Some of this surely is due to careful planning.

I plan the next day's menu before I go to bed at night or while I'm cleaning up from dinner. I plan ahead to make sure there are enough veggies in the house and they are prepared in ways that will not cause boredom. I planned so much that I lurked on 3FC-IP for over a month before starting IP. I knew what to do and had few questions when I met with my coach for the first time. I also figured out the informal "rules" on the board prior to my first post. I read every recipe thread I could find (now they are all grouped in the first post of the daily). I planned my transition to P3 well in advance so I'd know exactly what to eat. I made plans for times that will cause increased temptations (parties, tailgates, BBQs, special events, holidays). I make sure I have packets for emergencies tucked everywhere: my car, DH's car, my desk at work, in my lunch bag, in my purse. I also carry a refillable Brita water bottle with me so I don't have to worry where I'll get water and I have extra shaker bottles.

I have seen many people reach goal in my year on IP. We all lose weight at different rates so I've learned not to compare my weight loss to anyone else's. It is not a race.. Unfortunately, I have seen many more never reach their goals and I am determined to join the former group, rather than the latter.

I will be on P1 until goal or Halloween, whichever comes first. If Halloween comes first, I'll give my thyroid a longer rest and do p3-p4 with a planned January P1 restart. I don't consider it restarting IP because IP is a four phase program. If I stick to the program, I'm still on IP. My coach calls Phase Four "Phase for the rest of your life". This is how we get to maintain the wonderful gift we've been given: a new lease on life.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Thumbs up Congratulations

Lisa-
Best wishes as you celebrate today, then go on to fininsh your incredible inspiring hike through weightloss. You have scaled mountains...swam against the current and have lost an incredible amount of weight!! Your photos are a testament to what will and courage along with self discipline and education yields!

No doubt you will hit the finish line a winner .... you already are!
Regards-
kathie
Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #6  

Wonderfully inspiring story, Lisa. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I will be a bit off program Thursday as I prep for my colonoscopy on Friday. Oh, the joys of aging! Clear liquids only and while there is some caloric intake from broth, I will probably "indulge" in some apple juice and splenda sweetened jello. Hopefully it wont be too big a whack on my ketosis. But it isnt something I have control over, so waking up from that nice nap on Friday, it is right back to the program.

Oh, by the way, Lisa - happy anniversary!

Last edited by MagnoliaBlssom; 07-30-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Congrats Lisa! Thank you for your inspiration and great knowledge of IP.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post

NSV yesterday....my daughter said I looked skinny! That's kind of a big deal.
love this! if you want to know how you look, ask a child.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

also, awesome story lisa! you are so inspiring! best of luck on the rest of your journey.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #10  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I had been testing my ketosis and I was showing trace for several days and the last couple were negative. I don't think I have been off track,that I know of anyway. Does this happen? I watch my water, only have program approved foods and I have been losing consistently. I'm worried that if I'm not showing positive ketosis that I'm not really on the IP correctly.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I had been testing my ketosis and I was showing trace for several days and the last couple were negative. I don't think I have been off track,that I know of anyway. Does this happen? I watch my water, only have program approved foods and I have been losing consistently. I'm worried that if I'm not showing positive ketosis that I'm not really on the IP correctly.
Here is a thread about Keostix http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-ketostix.html
There is also a very informative video http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...o-ketosis.html
In a nutshell, ketostix become useless quickly and aren't worth the $$$

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-30-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

feeling defeated today! went for 3rd weigh in and well I did not lose any weight!! I did lose inches.. I know should be happy about that but I am sad!! UGHHH oh well unto next week she said be happy 3 weeks 12lbs and 6 1/4 inches is solid!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #13  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRedstick View Post
feeling defeated today! went for 3rd weigh in and well I did not lose any weight!! I did lose inches.. I know should be happy about that but I am sad!! UGHHH oh well unto next week she said be happy 3 weeks 12lbs and 6 1/4 inches is solid!
Awesome weight loss so far... 12lbs took me 4 weeks to accomplish. So just keep at it, you will lose more. And look at everyone else's weight figures throughout their journey... it seems we all have slow downs here and there. The most important thing is DON'T GIVE UP!

I was so ready to throw in the towel recently as I had two slow weeks in a row in early July. I keep a very detailed food journal and include my weight loss for the week. This has really helped me pinpoint the foods that didn't work for me as well as what works well for me. So I took a hard look at what I was eating and realized that tomatoes are my enemy. Every time I include fresh tomatoes or tomato sauce in my diet, my losses are less. So I've said bye, bye tomatoes, I'll see you again when I'm on Phase 4!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

Thank you maybe I will cut out tomatoes!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #15  

@Lisa....love your story...im in your club of super long time going to be needed on p1....and i try and plan everything out as well...so i never have to worry. Planning is the key to this and all proper eating habits really.

@HeatherRedstick i hear you ..i wish my scale numbers were moving down faster as well but the inches lost for you are amazing....keep focused and know if you do..the scale will start to move.

QUESTION: do ppl use IP supplements ....?? i was wondering about just using my own supplements, might save me some cash...anyone changed over? is it not worth the trouble?

thanks.
Closed Thread