South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - 2nd last day of July

Good morning. It's a tad chilly this morning but it'll be a glorious sunny day. Yesterday was very patchy with blue sky and big black clouds that drenched things and then moved on.

I did a lot of catching up on accounting yesterday and made a horrifying discover about my accounting program. Simply Accounting will no longer let me access previous year data which I need to send for the auditor. I'm going to do a thorough search for the original program discs to re-load it but am not expecting success. I see a trip to Staples in my immediate future.

We still have not fired our chef. We looked over the rest of the season and I absolutely refuse to cook Friday, Saturday and Sunday until end of season. Ann does make good food - when she is here. Paul and Joanne are going to talk with her about reliability today - I will not be there as I'm still very angry.

It's not looking like a stellar day. I'll see what I can do to change it.

How about another coffee? Thanks, don't mind if I do.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope your day gets better, Ruth.

I enjoyed a nice day of puttering around the house yesterday, giving it a thorough cleaning and getting a lot of those little jobs that I never quite get around to doing taken care of. The only damper on the day was the constant jammering of the jack-hammers ripping up the street. I think we may plan an outing today to get away from the noise!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I need a new pillow. I woke up with a serious headache, I'm sure it's the pillow. Waiting for the coffee and changed position to make it go away. I hate starting with a headache.

It's a beautiful summer day here and I'm going to be on the road a lot. Nice days make me appreciate the driving
Old 07-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth, sorry to hear about your accounting woes. Do I remember something special about Ann? Was she volunteering or something? Hope they get it settled.

Cottage - I hope you have a good day trip!

It was a beautiful day out yesterday...DH and I went on an 18 mile bike ride, had a nice supper on the deck of a restaurant at the 1/2 way mark, and then got home way-too-late! Today he leaves for a work trip (he originally had it last night and I made him change it!) and gets back tomorrow so we can have another adventure . I'm thinking hiking.

I am on my own tonight - no husband and no kids. What to do?! For starters, I'm letting the kitty stay out (I should say "a" kitty...all 5 creates chaos!) because I love it when he snuggles with me (DH does not love it!). Maybe wine. After a long day of work, I'm not sure I'll want more than that!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Still raining here so no hiking today but if it clears up early we may at least walk on the paved trails closer to home. I have another physical therapy appointment today and then tonight go out to eat with my book club.

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's just about all I have time for. My #1 focus is getting back/staying OP and keeping up with my at home exercise routine. I was at ticker pre-wedding trip and I want to keep plugging ahead to shed my few pounds of water weight then see where I land.

Thrown in the busy mix....cherries and raspberries are ripe and need picking and processing every day. The water project is finished and I need to come up with 2K for the final payment....work and a trip over the hill tomorrow after trip to Denver for mom's eye appt.

Cyndi, I hope your headache passes!

Ruth, sorry to hear about the program glitch. So aggravating!

Take care everyone!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twynn, Ann is the chef for our small experimental Cafe. She had the idea she could open it as a business but, for many reasons (one of them being reliability), it probably is not going to work. Her idea was that we paid all the expenses and then she got half the revenue - not half the profit. She is a bit thick and does not seem to understand. She agreed to work on a volunteer basis but volunteers have to be as professional and reliable as paid workers, IMHO!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

She's quite the dreamer, eh Ruth?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone. Waiting for my coffee to cool so I can perk up. Changed the avatar again to show off one of my beautiful nieces, Gracie. Dad's birthday went well. Back to eating better today and trying to rid myself of the yucky, bloaty feeling I have from last night.

Cyndi, I hope your head feels better!

Gotta get working. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, did well with the eating yesterday but definitely had cravings that I just ignored hopefully a couple more days and should not be an issue.

to everyone, meetings all day

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon all!

Just a pop-in for me. I heard back about a job that a temp agency submitted me for- I have an interview tomorrow!! Now I need to go study their website so I can pretend I knew who they were before last week

Food is good so far today- having my usual lunchtime chili. Had more sodium than I should've yesterday, so I'm pounding water. I'm wearing a track in the carpet to the bathroom!

Lisa- your niece is adorable!

Ruth- Ann seems special, bless her heart. I hope you're able to get your accounting issues fixed for the auditor!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Just got back from a 2 hour walk along the Bruce Trail, I live on top of the thing, but never use it. I feel great, tired, but great.
Hope everyone is having a terrific tuesday!
Closed Thread