UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Don't know where to start!!

Hi. I am a 24 year old female and weight 12 stone.

Desperately need to shed a couple of stone but I just don't know where to start.
Is a 20 minute cardio session and a 20 minute abs, legs or arms session enough exercise per day or should I be trying to do more.

I would really love to lose as close to 2 stone by the second week of September, I am going on my first holiday with my boyfriend and I want to feel happy with myself by then.

Can anyone help? I am looking for any diets, exercise tips and would love a weight loss buddy to email if anyone needs one!!!

Thanks in advance

Jobo
Jobo0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 137/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Weight loss will level down to about 2lbs a week; however the results are down to your determination! exercising every day will help - BUT, this does not mean going to the gym every day (actually a few rest days each week will work wonders)... even walking 20 minutes a day is exercise!

Take the time to read all the different forums here - you may wish to adhere to a particular diet, or just simply "eat clean", removing all junk food, excess dairy, etc etc.

We're all weight loss buddies here, but you can always message me for support.

Remember, you didn't gain weight overnight so you won't lose it overnight, so a positive and determined attitude is the most important weight loss tool!
francesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #3  

So my idea is as follows

30 minutes CV (treadmill or bike)
20 minutes strength routine
Each evening a series of exercises that may help with toning of stomach, legs and hips especially?

Thoughts? Is this enough cardio or do I need to be focusing on cardio primarily?

Thanks for advice so far Francesy.
Jobo0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5"8

Default constant diet and no weight loss!

Hi,
I too have a goal for September, to run the great north run. I am 5"8 and 11 stone 8lbs and can run about 3 miles at the moment so I am just going to do my best on the day. But a big part of the journey for me is to lose weight in the process.
I have just got all the food in for 'anna richardsons body blitz diet' which i picked up from the library. Its realistic, has simple rules and loads of recipes of home cooked food.
It is definitely realistic for you to loose over a stone in the next 2 months in time for your holiday. But your exercise will make you feel hungry.
Top tips
Cut out bread completely (flatter stomach instantly), limit your dairy and try to eat no carbs after 6. Did this last year and the weight dropped off and all the chicken i ate meant that i was never hungry. Back to my diet tomorrow.

You will definitely do it with a positive frame of mind and determination.. good luck!
curlywurly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #5  
Scottish Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 119/100/60kgs

Height: 5ft2inches

Hi jobo, I would be happy to be your diet buddy. I have to lose weight as my BP is pretty bad. I have been doing it on my own. Not following any particular diet, just made some changes. Switched to low calorie yoghurts, brown bread, lurpak lighter, limiting carbs, changing normal potato to sweet potato etc and so far in 4 months I have lost 2 stone 2lbs so averaging about 2lbs a week, which my doc says is a sensible weight loss regime. I also do about an hour of exercise a day. I do 3 bodypump classes a week, 2 boxing classes a week, 1 legs bums and tums class a week and swimming once a week.
Fionnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #6  
Perpetual Dieter

S/C/G: 191/187/130

Height: 5'2

Focus on food for weightloss and exercise for bodyshape, start counting calories and making your calories count, 300kcals of veg is so much better for your body and skin than 300kcals of junk food.
Just take some rest days and dont let yourself burn out.
Also maybe rethink your goal, it seems a bit optimistic for your timeframe, and disappointment will only make you quit faster
Kayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #7  

Set a goal, exercise more often and eat healthy foods!
weightloss1 is offline   Reply With Quote