View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #81
LaurenM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I have had bouts of dizziness and nausea as well. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to necessarily correlate with a lack of my daily salt or water. I have found that a little extra (unrestricted) packet has been helpful on those days. It is very scary to get so dizzy you can't stand up or feel so week and nauseated. I had this happen at the store the other day, but I sat down for a bit and even bought a protein bar and ate half of it in the store! DH was there and I just held on to him as we finished buying groceries. I was so happy to get to our vehicle and laid the seat back when we finished. After a short time I felt fine. Maybe there is something to the low blood sugar idea.

I am definitely watching my blood pressure though. Mine tends to be on the low side anyway and I have had a few bouts of very low BP since starting IP. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to last for more than a day and then I am back to myself again.
In 2012, I went on a different high protein diet called The Dukan diet. It was very high in unrestricted protein and more dairy than IP. Vegetables were allowed every other day. I saw huge losses relative to other diets I've been on, but I was dizzy a lot. My normal blood pressure is on the lower side but on the high protein diet, it was way too low.

With IP, I always feel energetic and never dizzy and my blood pressure is normal. I take all of the mandatory and recommended supplements and eat 1/2 tsp of the sea salt daily. The salt and potassium are much more important than I realized.