View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #70
LaurenM

Hi everyone. I am just going into week 5 of the IP diet but this is the first time on the forum. I am really discouraged. I am hungry ALL the time and frustrated beyond belief.

I lost 4 lbs the first week and then between 1 and 1 1/2 lbs each week since. I only want to lost a small amount - total of 15 lbs, but feel like I am just starving off a pound here and there. I follow the protocol as best as I know. My coach initially told me to expect to lose 3-4 lbs a week. Today she said 1-2 lbs a week was normal!

The only thing she came up with today was for me to cut out my daily restricted item. I take all of the supplements, drink at least 84 oz of water throughout the day, have one cup of coffee in the morning and some flavored green teas during the day. She also told me today no more than 4 hours between meals. Today she tells me that!! I usually have breakfast at 10, lunch at 2 or 2:30, dinner at 7:30 - 8:00, snack at 10PM and go to bed at 1AM. My schedule is a little skewed but the coach has said as long as I stop eating two hours before bed, I would be fine.

I am just over 50 and in the peri-menopausal phase. I haven't been exercising yet am not sedentary. I seemed to have lost inches in the first week but nothing of note since.

Typical meals would be either cereal or shake for breakfast, soup or rotini plus two cups mixed and cooked vegetables for lunch, 8 oz of chicken/beef/fish with two cups mixed and cooked vegetables for dinner and a chocolate caramel bar for a snack. I cook the vegetables/protein with 1/2 to 1 tsp of grape seed oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Favorite vegetables are asparagus, zucchini, red pepper. I also include green pepper, spinach, celery, yellow squash (not high carb squash.) I have checked meds for hidden sugars and I have cut out all sugar substitutes. I only have Walden Farms chocolate syrup or caramel in my coffee and only Walden Farms dressings with salads.

So why am I ALWAYS hungry and why am I not losing much?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.