View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaLynn View Post
THANK YOU @dak1lls for wishing me good luck. This is the first time I've joined a forum/support group and I think it will help me a lot! I know just what you mean when you say you felt like drinking water was more of a chore! Herbal tea sounds like a great idea. Sounds like I'm going to Wal*Mart tonight! Haha
That omelet recipe sounds absolutely delicious but..I had no idea there were recipes you could follow in phase 1?? I thought you had to eat everything as is - and from the pack. Am I just completely clueless?!
On my first day on IP I had a chicken breast and broccoli. The old "standby" diet meal. I realized immediately that I could not do this if I wasn't creative with my cooking. To me, the journey of P1 is to learn new ways to cook and live healthier, so when I reach goal I will be able to maintain.

I make a lot of delicious meals that my family loves and with minor changes they are P1 IP compatible. You just need to make sure you measure your veggies and protein. Sometimes that means making a separate pot for my own meal.

Amberjules has a wonderful Shepherd's Pie recipe. Rainbow has some recipe threads called Mix n in the Kitchen (not sure of the exact title). You can modify existing recipes as well. I have made stuffed peppers with cauliflower instead of rice, Chinese Stir Fried Rice (again with cauliflower) and chicken, soy sauce, and ginger (my 20 yr old thought it was rice!). I could go on and on. Try a couple of recipes here and there and they will become staples you will probably keep to even after you phase off.

You're on your way to a healthier you, and will develop a completely new attitude towards food.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote