View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Crazy morning for me. Got up, took my shower, came downstairs and started unloading the dishwasher. Immediately felt dizzy and nauseated and had to sit down. Tried 3 more times to get up and ended up having my husband basically carry me to the couch where I almost passed out. He got some pure maple syrup we have in the fridge and Gave me about the equivalent of a table spoon. After a few minutes I was able to sit up. I ate a Quest bar and rested. After a little while I was able to function. I got water and added salt, and then had my two cups of coffee as usual and felt ok. VERY scary though. Pulse dropped to about 38 ( normally 58 when lying down). Was this low blood sugar? Not too worried about Ketosis or anything like that- hubby did what had to be done. Any one else ever had this happen?
I have had bouts of dizziness and nausea as well. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to necessarily correlate with a lack of my daily salt or water. I have found that a little extra (unrestricted) packet has been helpful on those days. It is very scary to get so dizzy you can't stand up or feel so week and nauseated. I had this happen at the store the other day, but I sat down for a bit and even bought a protein bar and ate half of it in the store! DH was there and I just held on to him as we finished buying groceries. I was so happy to get to our vehicle and laid the seat back when we finished. After a short time I felt fine. Maybe there is something to the low blood sugar idea.

I am definitely watching my blood pressure though. Mine tends to be on the low side anyway and I have had a few bouts of very low BP since starting IP. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to last for more than a day and then I am back to myself again.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!