Old 07-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #1  

Unhappy 2 Weeks No Loss - Still in Induction

I have been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am still in induction. The first week I lost 9 pounds. The second and third week, I have had no loss. I have about another 100 pounds to loose. Please give me some suggestions. This is what a normal day looks like:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 Pieces of Turkey Bacon or Regular Bacon
Mid-Morning - Atkins Vanilla Shake
Lunch - Salad with Romaine (Approx 2 Cups), 1/2 Medium Cucumber, 2 Slices Tomato, 1 Slice Onion, a little Cilantro, 1/8 of an Avocado, Blue Cheese or Feta and either Chicken, Steak, Bacon or Tuna Salad. I use Olive Oil and Vinegar for salad dressing only.
Mid-Afternoon - 1/2 Medium Cucumber, 2 TBSP Ranch or Blue cheese Dressing & 1oz Cheddar Cheese
Dinner - Steak, Chicken or Hamburger Patties with either a similar salad from lunch minus the meat or sauteed Zucchini or Broccoli with onions and garlic.
I drink about 120 oz of water a day and nothing else.
If I need a snack when I get home from work, it is usually a couple pork rinds or 1oz Cheddar Cheese
Thanks for your help, I am getting really discouraged.
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Your menu looks pretty good. My suggestion would be to get rid of the Atkins shake and to have a salad AND green veggie with your dinner. You might also want to consider cutting back on the cheese, it is a common staller for a lot of people.
I hope this helps
You CAN do this!
All the best to you!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 07-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #3  

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. I am going to try entering my food into one of those food trackers, so I can see what my totals are for the day. Is there one that is better than another?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #4  

Ok, so I loaded what I ate on Friday into a food tracker. This is what I got: 1260 Calories, 82.4g Fat, 16.5g Carbs & 107.1g Protein. That gave me 59% Fat, 5% Carbs & 36% Protein. The fat was higher this day, because I had buffalo chicken wings for dinner, which it not what I typically eat. Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
Ok, so I loaded what I ate on Friday into a food tracker. This is what I got: 1260 Calories, 82.4g Fat, 16.5g Carbs & 107.1g Protein. That gave me 59% Fat, 5% Carbs & 36% Protein. The fat was higher this day, because I had buffalo chicken wings for dinner, which it not what I typically eat. Thoughts?
Atkins is a high fat, moderate protein plan. That being said, typically folks doing Atkins should be shooting for 70% Fat, 5% Carbs & 25% Protein.
I hope this helps
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. I am going to try entering my food into one of those food trackers, so I can see what my totals are for the day. Is there one that is better than another?
I use FitDay. I like it because it shows the fat, carbs, protein for each food separately and also combined for the day. If I show too much carb for the day I can look back and see which foods were the culprits.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote