Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

Default I Never Ever Would Have Thought It Possible...

If you had told me even a year ago that I would be writing this, I would not have believed you, but friends, I have become a total 5K addict!!! I LOVE them... They are just the right length for improving my times and working on goals and the atmosphere has been fun and supportive no matter what venue we have attempted them in..... Today was my 3rd one and I have improved my time each time...We have another one in 2 weeks, one scheduled for September and one for October! It is pure crazy!! I am NOT a runner..I mostly walk and try to increase a bit with my jogging each time....

If you are looking to get motivated...Try one!! Don't worry about where you finish or what people will think because most everyone is just excited you are there!!

Yes, I love doing 5Ks and I can barely believe it!!!
meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Good job!!!!! I haven't done an orginized 5k yet but I try to walk one on my own 2 or 3 times a week. I do my c25k program with it too, so im walking most of it with some jogging.

I want to do an organized one but I'm broke so I haven't yet.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/182/160

Height: 5'8

I'm considering my first 5k! I've never done one but I used to be able to jog for 20-30 minutes ( that was a year ago!) but I've lost more weight since then and I'm really thinking it would be so much fun! Plus it's for a good cause! I'm considering your post to be a sign I should do it! You have motivated me

Have you ever done the Color Run or Electric Run or any of those themed ones?
StrangeJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

This is all so motivating to read. I have been using a C25K app and the treadmill but just did my first run/walk outside. Okay, I'm on week 1 of the schedule, but it's a start.

What you write really helps me believe I can do these
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

Default Run or Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeJourney View Post
I'm considering my first 5k! I've never done one but I used to be able to jog for 20-30 minutes ( that was a year ago!) but I've lost more weight since then and I'm really thinking it would be so much fun! Plus it's for a good cause! I'm considering your post to be a sign I should do it! You have motivated me

Have you ever done the Color Run or Electric Run or any of those themed ones?
We are doing Run or Dye in October! We are very excited!! Go for it! You have nothing to lose......I can't wait to hear about it!

meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #6  

Good for you--maybe it's time to start working toward a 10K?
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote