Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default Starting Nutrisystem - I'm nervous!!

I've done Nutrisystem before (2 years ago) - I did the cheapest plans and whatever I could find on craigslist. I remember hating probably 50% of the food and feeling it was overpriced. Despite all that, it did help me lose 55 lbs. Now that I can afford it I'm trying it again but I'm nervous!! I really want to drop 40 or 50 lbs relatively quickly (as opposed to the year it's taken me to lose 30 lbs) because this excess weight is hindering some of my exercise plans. Every time I get "x" far in my running programs, I have to quit because of the pain.

I'm nervous of failing and wasting my money - and of how I'll balance the plan with my social life. I really don't want a bunch of expensive diet food crowding up my house to remind me of another failure.

I also got auto delivery. Does anyone know how many times I have to auto deliver until I can quit the plan incase I absolutely end up hating it??
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I did HMR, another meal replacement program, and let me tell you, the hit on my social life was terrible. It's an all-or-nothing plan so for 5 months, I did not eat as much as a tic-tac off plan. However, I also lost over 50 lbs.

These plans, they work IF you work them. You've got to put yourself first and your health before your social life. The restaurants, alcohol, and the real friends will be there when you have lost the weight!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #3  

I agree. I think the hardest part of all is simply staying dedicated/motivated. Friends come and go, and if they can't respect what you are trying to do and encourage it, then you don't need them anyways. You have to love yourself more than the outside world, and then you'll have a somewhat newfound glow which will command people to gain interest.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
I've done Nutrisystem before (2 years ago) - I did the cheapest plans and whatever I could find on craigslist. I remember hating probably 50% of the food and feeling it was overpriced. Despite all that, it did help me lose 55 lbs. Now that I can afford it I'm trying it again but I'm nervous!!I also got auto delivery. Does anyone know how many times I have to auto deliver until I can quit the plan incase I absolutely end up hating it??

You have to do Autodelivery twice.

How is the plan going for you so far? I've been on it since April
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote