Old 07-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/

Height: 5'4

I have the same issue! I'm so hungry during the day, yet when I have dinner I have an extremely difficult time finishing it all. It takes me over an hour to eat all my food. Half way through I sooooo want to stop!
Liliypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #17  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Frenchy, another easy way to get your veggies in is to add a cup of baby spinach if you do shakes in the AM/PM. I find getting down two cups of veggies in one sitting is SUPER hard for me (unless I'm eating a salad). I blend the baby spinach in my AM shake (and sometimes my PM one) and can't even taste it. Also, maybe bring a cup or 1/2 a cup of a raw veggie to snack on between breakfast and lunch? I've done that with cucumber slices. A little salt and pepper and I'm good to go. And definitely break up the protein. I do 4 oz. at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner, but doing more at lunchtime and less at dinner definitely wouldn't hurt.

I do agree about sometimes not being hungry, but following the protocol to the letter has me down 12.2 lbs in 2 weeks, so I will force it down if I have to!

For example, this is what I ate today:

B: IP chocolate drink mix, 1 c. baby spinach, 1 oz. coffee concentrate, .5 oz. Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup
L: 4 oz. pork loin, 1 c. tri-color bell peppers, romaine lettuce, lemon and olive oil dressing
S: IP strawberry wafers
D: 4 oz. shrimp, 1/2 c. zucchini "noodles", 1/2 c. cucumber, 1/2 c. tri-color bell peppers, 1/4 c. mung bean sprouts, 1/4 c. shallots over romaine (yeah, that was a BIG salad)
S: IP vanilla RTD
Thank you Meinola - This is a great idea ! I like the idea tough of the protein during my lunch since I am from Europe and we tend to have a big breakfast, a big lunch and a small dinner.... Life in the US has been my downfall on the weight side of it !
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #18  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliypad View Post
I have the same issue! I'm so hungry during the day, yet when I have dinner I have an extremely difficult time finishing it all. It takes me over an hour to eat all my food. Half way through I sooooo want to stop!
Lilipad... My coach told me to adapt the protocol with my lifestyle and to go ahead and switch the meals... Eating all that food at night prevents me from going to sleep early. My tryout plan will be as follows

Breakfast (6am) : IP + coffee (black - love it)
Lunch (noon) : 8 oz protein + veggies and lettuce
Snack (4pm) : IP Snacks
Dinner (7-8pm) : IP + veggies (sometimes bypass the lettuce)

Have a wonderful weekend
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
Lilipad... My coach told me to adapt the protocol with my lifestyle and to go ahead and switch the meals... Eating all that food at night prevents me from going to sleep early. My tryout plan will be as follows

Breakfast (6am) : IP + coffee (black - love it)
Lunch (noon) : 8 oz protein + veggies and lettuce
Snack (4pm) : IP Snacks
Dinner (7-8pm) : IP + veggies (sometimes bypass the lettuce)

Have a wonderful weekend
Also take note that lettuce is OPTIONAL not mandatory. It does fill you up which is why those who get hungry eat it more often. And it has been noted that some of our most successful loosers eat salads regularly. But you are not required to eat lettuce in addition to your 2 + 2 cups veggies (there may be coaches who want you to, but that's not the standard IP). Also, on that same note, only iceburg/romain lettuce fall in the "free" eats... all other lettuce is counted as PART of your veggie allotment.

Last edited by JLUS; 07-27-2013 at 02:36 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote