Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 08:42 PM   #1  

Angry tell me about Curves

Hi all-I have just had a curves open up near me and I am interested but I want to have some knowledge before I meet with someone. I cannot get and appt with someone for 1 1/2 weeks(can they be this busy?). Have tried to read up on it but I cannot find an initiation fee listed. Can someone tell what it is. It sounds like there is a monthly fee of 35$ with the signing of a year contract-does this have to be paid all at once? Now, onto the exercises-do you think they provide good support with keeping you motivated-do they change and update your regimen frequently. Do you really see people losing weight ? Do they help you with nutrition? Anything else? I currently belong to a gym but I do not like to work out with guys. Thanks Bonzo
Old 11-12-2003, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Bonzo, come talk to us over here, We have a curves thread going on.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33589
Old 11-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #3  

I am a member of curves. It is a great place to go if you are a bit shy about excersizing with men. My only complaint is that it does get a bit monotonous. But I walk in between and do The Firm tapes as well. It is worth trying. My friends love it.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #4  

Exclamation LOve Curves

I joined Curves here in Va. Sept 15th. I go three times a week and have lost 10 inches and feel great. Its 29 dollars a month, but each Curves has its own set fee. I like the fact that it takes less than an hour to get the workout done, and it works! Linda
Old 01-13-2004, 11:55 AM   #5  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Come join us Bonzo...

Quote:
Hi all-I have just had a curves open up near me and I am interested but I want to have some knowledge before I meet with someone. I cannot get and appt with someone for 1 1/2 weeks (can they be this busy?). Have tried to read up on it but I cannot find an initiation fee listed. Can someone tell what it is. It sounds like there is a monthly fee of 35$ with the signing of a year contract-does this have to be paid all at once? Now, onto the exercises-do you think they provide good support with keeping you motivated-do they change and update your regimen frequently. Do you really see people losing weight ? Do they help you with nutrition? Anything else? I currently belong to a gym but I do not like to work out with guys. Thanks Bonzo
Hi BONZO Here is our Curves Thread...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34620
We'd love to have you join us and we'll do our best to answer your questions

To answer the questions you have posted so far: It is for WOMEN ONLY... We have over 400 people signed up at our Curves that just opened Sept-2003. So YES, it is that busy! And Yes... to your weight-loss question - I see it mostly in toning, not so much in weight-loss (for me) right now. But others who have been going more often then I have really seen great results! I was out with a sprained ankle so I won't be weighed or measured again till Feb... *note the bottom of my post Nutrition: There is a book you can ask about with the history of Curves and Diet & Recipes. I got it Free for giving 3 names of friends who may be interested in Curves or you can pay $7.00 for it - it's a purple softcover book. But basically it's very simular to the South Beach Program that's out right now. Wal-Mart also sells a Curves book in their book selections.

PRICES: I know that it really varies from place to place (owner to owner), but most places will let you have a FREE WEEK with them before you sign (ask - ask - ask). And some offer to remove the $100.00 fee paying aprox A ONE time Fee + the first months payment = $84.00 for me (instead of $184.00). And in my case I have $30.00 taken out of my Visa automatically each month for 1 year (never to go up as long as I am a member). You have a choise to go month by month, but it does cost about $10.00 more per month to do that. AND... you can pay the whole year up front ( I think they take an added 10% off if you do), but they don't come right out and offer that - you have to ask. I did find out that if you ever had an injury for any length of time - go to your Curves owner tell her why you cannot be there and most time you can get your money back for that time away. Also, you can get out of your contract with them if something comes up and it did not work out for you - just keep in touch with the owner. Most times they will do whatever it takes to make things right for you... you just cannot be afraid to ask questions or tell them what is going on with you.

I hope I have helped... come visit us when you can
(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
Closed Thread