S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default Walden Farms

Yesterday went to my local store and bought several WF products :

Ketchup
Mayo
Apple Butter Spread
Caesar & Blue Cheese dressing

This morning, I made the "IP Crepe mix" and had (2) great pancakes with Apple spread on it... yummy !!

The mayo is not my fave...but I mixed it with the WF ketchup and some apple cider vinegar and it turned out very good dipping sauce

Love the blue cheese dressing.. The Caesar is a tad "spicy" !

Good luck everyone !
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default walden farms

love those products... at first the taste on some of them were questionable.. but you know what, I got use to them .. cared about my life enough to change it!! woot woot !
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

I like the Ranch and I just add spices to it. I get something called Herbamare which also has some salt in it. Wondering if we can have spicy brown mustard? I like that mixed with mayo but I don't like the WF mayo so far... I struggle with food that wiggles lol....jello, jelly, etc. I was really excited about the apple butter on my pancakes until I tried to spread it and it wiggled out from under the knife and off the plate...lol. Now I can't eat it.
Balanced Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #4  

Someone once said that WF products are better as ingredients, and it has turned out that way for me. The peanut butter does the trick in a satay sauce, the raspberry jelly is good baked with rhubarb, the pancake syrup is a good sweetener in an asian marinade. So if a WF product doesn't taste good on its own, all hope is not lost.

But then of course there is the big mac in a bowl, which WF 1000 island is perfect for. A classic.
idealproteingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
I like the Ranch and I just add spices to it. I get something called Herbamare which also has some salt in it. Wondering if we can have spicy brown mustard? I like that mixed with mayo but I don't like the WF mayo so far... I struggle with food that wiggles lol....jello, jelly, etc. I was really excited about the apple butter on my pancakes until I tried to spread it and it wiggled out from under the knife and off the plate...lol. Now I can't eat it.
I have found that with the products that are "jelly-like" if you heat them up for just a couple seconds in the microwave, they are much easier to use AND mix really well so you can use them as ingredients in other things. I use the jellies to help me create BBQ sauces, top packet cakes, spread on pancakes, etc.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #6  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

My favorite WF products are:
Thousand Island Dressing - for Big Macs in a Bowl.
Caramel Syrup - on pancakes and in spinach shakes.
Pancake Syrup - on pancakes.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
My favorite WF products are:
Thousand Island Dressing - for Big Macs in a Bowl.
Caramel Syrup - on pancakes and in spinach shakes.
Pancake Syrup - on pancakes.
I have got to try this!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #8  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

I bought a handful of WF products when I began IP. As someone else said, most do not taste very good on their own, but can be good in recipes. I do not have a sweet tooth - at all - and pretty much everything I've tried so far tastes sickeningly sweet to me, BUT I've found good uses for a couple of things:

- I've been mixing the ketchup with horseradish to make cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail.
- The Thousand Island dressing is perfect in that Big Mac in a Bowl recipe, as others have mentioned!
- Mixed the Blue Cheese dressing with Frank's Buffalo Sauce and the IP chicken patty to make a buffalo chicken dip.

I also purchased the Chipotle Mayo, but have yet to discover a good use for it. It tastes like neither chipotle nor mayo, and is way too sweet.
undrwelmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #9  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

I discovered a use for the chipotle mayo (finally)! I used it to make deviled eggs for dinner last night. I will say that it is still way too sweet for my tastes, but it is workable in deviled eggs if you use enough mustard and paprika in your mixture. I also added minced jalapeņo.
undrwelmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #10  

anyone figured out a use for the horrible white marshmallow jelly? lol

i use the peanut butter mixed in with my chocolate pudding (just a lil bit mind you) ....

the creamy bacon and ranch dressing are down right awful
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/182/150

I used the tomato and basil sauce last night in my stir fry. Just a couple of spoonfulls mixed with lots of hotsauce, artificial sweetener and soy sauce made a really nice sauce for the stirfry.
TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

The only ones I can stomach are the Caesar, the BBQ sauce and the caramel sauce. I have the raspberry dressing just wasting away in my fridge. At $4 a pop, i don't want to just throw it away...but would like to try to find a way to make it work for me.
shayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
The only ones I can stomach are the Caesar, the BBQ sauce and the caramel sauce. I have the raspberry dressing just wasting away in my fridge. At $4 a pop, i don't want to just throw it away...but would like to try to find a way to make it work for me.
I use the WF jellies in several ways, though NOT as jellies!

Melt them in the microwave until it becomes more liquid and mix with Franks Hot Sauce for a Sweet/Spicy chicken dip or brush on near the very end of grilling. (Have also used w/ketchup instead of hot sauce for BBQ sauce.)

Add several spoonfuls to rhubarb while it's cooking down. It helps to sweeten and as it cools it adds a gelatine-like texture to thicken it up.

Melt and use as a topping for either a vanilla or chocolate drink packet cake. (I haven't done it, but certainly could melt and use on pancakes to.)

Just remember that as it cools it will return to its gelatenous state so whatever you have mixed it with will solidfy with it. Just a little zap in the microwave will bring it back to a useable consistency.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I took the thousand island and mixed creole mustard and cut up celery taste like remoulade sauce (hope we can have creole mustard)
rhondamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #15  

Ooooo- someone is so in trouble at WF!

I received my first order yesterday and it was missing 1/3 of my items! When I called to tell them, she wanted to know whose initials were on my order form. And she did not sound happy! Uh oh!!!

I think what happened was the packer just looked at the item but not the quantity of each.

I LOVE the BBQ sauce!!!

That marshmallow stuff....I think I'll give it to my daughter for her school paste. :-) (Although maybe I will try some of the suggestions here first)

That chipotle mayo deviled eggs idea sounds really good!!
juicey is offline   Reply With Quote