Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #1  

Default Not Hungry!

Own program just under two full weeks.... Feeling great but also so not hungry! Forgot to eat my meal (real food) today...with exception of some lettuce and celery.... Anyone else have this problem???

238/224/125
Supermom69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

I have this same problem! I find it helps to split up my protein so i dont have to eat so much at once. Aditionally, i make rhubarb "jello" for when i just can't stand to eat another bowl full of cauliflower or broccoli. I stew 2 cups rhubarb w/ 1/4 - 1/2 cup water, 2 packets of stevia, and 1 tbsp walden farms raspberry spread. Once it is all boiling i add a pinch of salt and a pinch of cinnamon, plus 1/4 of a packet of knox unflavored gelatine. Put in the fridge or freezer for 30 mins and it is an easy to eat treat, rather than forcing myseld to eat a whole meal at once. I usuallly snack on whatever meat i am having for dinner while i make this.

I am really interested to hear how others handle this as i find it happens 1-3 times per week.
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom69 View Post
Own program just under two full weeks.... Feeling great but also so not hungry! Forgot to eat my meal (real food) today...with exception of some lettuce and celery.... Anyone else have this problem???

238/224/125
Yes..on occasion and it usually happens when I'm real busy or have some distraction with my family going on (parents are both almost 90 YO..need I say more?)..

Also noticed an inverse situation that happens a few days later when I get distracted:
*After the distracted day or two...or
*Because I don't use any of the restricted items because they are not gluten free...(I have to buy my protein from the IP office I go...so ordering alternatives would put my program in jeopardy. They don't charge for the program other than the packets)

The opposite of the not being hungry will happen about every 10 days...I become FAMISHED...Believe it is caused from the lower overall total calorie intake for the time frame with out the "restricteds" or that includes a day where that I did not eat all my food, that catches up with me. I've learned to deal with it by increasing my protein through including some leftover animal protein at lunch, or if I can't get it under control, adding an additional snack mid afternoon. Rarely get a headache or fatigue...just out of control stomach growling and a HUNGRY that lettuce just won't curb.

Last edited by 65X65; 07-26-2013 at 07:22 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #4  

yah i have found this problem comes and goes. Some days i feel like im force feeding myself the packets or my veggies, other days its like i can't get enough....I haven't figured out what is exactly the root cause of this, i may keep a better journal of when i get hungry vs not and see if i can identify some behaviour patterns
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
yah i have found this problem comes and goes. Some days i feel like im force feeding myself the packets or my veggies, other days its like i can't get enough....I haven't figured out what is exactly the root cause of this, i may keep a better journal of when i get hungry vs not and see if i can identify some behaviour patterns
That's a good idea. Some days on IP we have trouble balancing it all. Can not always be perfectly in line...it's been over 6 months, but life happens...(translated to I get a phone call about my mother...)

In fact...I won't be able to do a weigh in now for the "25 lbs by fall" challenge until mid August. Currently on a trip expected to last for a few more days to nail down some living arrangement issues for my father who is 6.5 hrs away.....then home for 1 day to pack and and off to see the grand-babies in Texas on a 6 AM flight Wednesday. Two babies 2.5 years and 8 months might have me forgetting to eat at all....(!!) ....and probably sleep deprived as well! Hats off to all the young mothers trying to do this!!!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom69 View Post
New to program/Ketosis= lack of hunger issue to Ketosis.
That is the beauty of Ketosis. It reduces my appetite but does not eliminate it (sometimes I wish).
You've gotten some good advice how to deal with it,(splitting up foods differently than listed on the sheet)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote