Old 07-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #1  

Default Big wake up call for me today

Guys, I will admit it. I have really been struggling with staying true to WW. But, I don't think that is going to be a problem anymore. My family and I went shopping today. I went to Victoria's Secret to get a new bra. For years, I have avoided any full length mirror. Well, now I know why. I saw exactly what I was trying to avoid. I just didn't know how bad it was. I was in shock. But, as badly as I wanted to look away and hurry up with the bra buying, I made myself take a good look at myself. I have really let myself go. Trust me, this goes much deeper than weight. What I saw today was an unhappy, depressed, EXHAUSTED, unhealthy woman. I am only 34, but I look much older. I just can't believe how bad I looked. I have traded my self-respect for Cokes, cake, and ice cream. I will no longer do this. I am taking a No excuses attitude. I'm done.

Thanks for listening.
basketballmamma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Never underestimate the power of disgust and revulsion to MOTIVATE

DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN...DEFEAT THE BEAST WITHIN
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

Enjoy the journey!!! We are here to motivate each other!!!

CherryChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #4  

Thanks for the support. I woke up this morning with a determination I have never had before. I am concerned with the down times. I want to be prepared for when I don't feel so motivated and determined, but then again I don't want to think like that, because I am done with the old me. Any suggestions??
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

My suggestion is now that you're motivated try to find positive things to focus on such as getting your water in for this day, following your plan, etc.

Also I would encourage you to take your measurements, I so wish I did so I could compare, and see your progress.

Be proud of yourself for taking action!

Best to you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 162 / 151 / 135

Height: 5"6'

Just imagine, after making some different choices, how different you'll look in that full length mirror... Imagine how great it's gone to feel shopping not just for new bras, but a whole new wardrobe to go along with your new happy, healthy, energized self =) You can do this!
PaleoPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

[/QUOTE]

Ok seriously Cherry Chan, This willpower dust picture has helped me through on occasion since I first saw it last week! and I ALWAYS chuckle at your minon picture...

It is so incredible hard sometimes, not going to lie. Yesterday was awful for me. I just wanted to binge on everything and anything. Especially since I have been stuck losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for 3 weeks (not really, but it feels like that with scale fluctuation!!). I managed to control myself with a moderate treat and a significant portion of bakes veggies and with visiting this site every time I felt myself slipping.

This AM, I felt good. I looked in the mirror and felt a little bit smaller. Funny how mental this whole process is.

You just need to take one day at a time and every day you are one day closer to goal!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmamma23 View Post
Guys, I will admit it. I have really been struggling with staying true to WW. But, I don't think that is going to be a problem anymore. My family and I went shopping today. I went to Victoria's Secret to get a new bra. For years, I have avoided any full length mirror. Well, now I know why. I saw exactly what I was trying to avoid. I just didn't know how bad it was. I was in shock. But, as badly as I wanted to look away and hurry up with the bra buying, I made myself take a good look at myself. I have really let myself go. Trust me, this goes much deeper than weight. What I saw today was an unhappy, depressed, EXHAUSTED, unhealthy woman. I am only 34, but I look much older. I just can't believe how bad I looked. I have traded my self-respect for Cokes, cake, and ice cream. I will no longer do this. I am taking a No excuses attitude. I'm done.

Thanks for listening.
Congratulations, sometimes thats all it takes. I used to weigh 200 pounds and I was like "whaatt" when did that happen? Ive been on WW for 4 months and have lost 41 lbs...You can do it girl!!! You dont really notice the weight that you gain when you look at yourself everyday in the mirror, in the back of your head you do, but you just shrug it off. For me it was a picture, I looked at it one day and I was like "no" this has to stop.

Good Luck
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #9  

Thanks a lot everyone. I have a really bad habit of avoiding things. I don't want to really deal with them. When I came to 3fatchicks a few weeks ago, I knew I needed to lose weight, but really did not know just how bad it was. I had way more bad days than good, and some of those days I wouldn't track my points at all, because I knew I had ate too much. That is why I am not allowing myself any excuses anymore. What I saw in the mirror that day was horrifying. I have a hot husband. Seriously. I feel horrible knowing that he looks so good and I look like this. Luckily, he's not only hot, but he's the best guy ever. We are highschool sweethearts, so of course I didn't look like this then. I may never look like I am 17 again, but I know I will never look like this again, either.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #10  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

You can do this! As to your question about motivation in the future, I got the Success journal/book from WW when I first started, and the author talks about that. She suggests that your motivation goes through cycles, waxing and waning then starting all over again. She says to recognize the signs when your motivation is starting to wane, like maybe you don't track your food as religiously, or you skip workouts, or you stop logging in here at 3fc, or whatever it is for you. Recognizing those signals will help you recognize that your motivation is lagging, and you can mitigate the worst of it before it gets out of control. Plus knowing that it's just a cycle helps, because you know your motivation levels will soon be on the upswing again. Basically just power through it, knowing it's only temporary. That one chapter in the book has been a huge part of my success so far. Hope this helps you. Good luck!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #11  

I need to get that success journal!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/140

Height: 1.69m

I can recommend the book "beck diet solution". It is not a diet book but targets the mental part. I love it and feel that it builds the right mindset to stay focused.
Andee3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #13  

thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Good for you!! I have restarted my journey again. I was so successful in the past and regained half of my weight back but just getting lazy about everything. I know how you felt looking in the mirror!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmamma23 View Post
Any suggestions??
Prepare for some discomfort. It WILL happen. If you're prepared for it mentally, you can get past it.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote