Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Best "diet" for breastfeeding

Does anyone have a standard diet for breastfeeding? My poor baby has so much gas and the dr. has basically recommended cutting everything out of my diet. What is a breastfeeding mom suppose to eat and stay healthy? Below is what I'm NOT suppose to eat
-Dairy
-Beans
-Lettuce
-Broccoli
-Nuts

I was loving cheese, fruit, and nuts as a snack. I'm not sure how to get the protien for work outs and calcuim in my diet now.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'0"

Hm. I have never had a problem with gassy babies or with my supply, so I don't have much of an answer for you. Since you're worried about protein, can I assume you are a vegetarian? What about eggs?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #3  

I eat meat but for snacks I normally have cheese and/or nuts. I have eggs for breakfast but I heard from a friend she had to cut them out to in order to help with the baby's digestion. What I've been eating seems better on the baby's belly but it's not helping mine go down. I feel stuck at about 150 and I'm working out 3-4 times a week on top of pumping and breast feeding. I'm also sleep deprived and aggravated.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

If your baby's belly is getting better, you may want to try slowly re-introducing the foods you cut out, one by one. It's possible your baby was only sensitive to one or two of the foods, and you can still eat the rest.

How old is your baby? I totally sympathize with the sleep deprived thing. My first kid hardly ever slept... it seemed like she'd keep going and going. Hubby and I would take turns spending hours a night just holding and rocking her. It almost drove us insane.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #5  

I'm still making adjustments to my diet to see what could possibly be causing the gas. I feel so bad for her little belly sometimes.

I love your name by the way. I had a banana nut muffin for breakfast this morning.

Heidi will be 2 months tomorrow. It is going by so quickly.