Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Back and better than ever!

Well I am back! I gained nearly all of it back. I haven't weighed yet, and I'm not sure that I will for a while (have scale issues), but my booty measurement is only an inch away from my top weight, waist is about 2.5 inches away, and bust is exactly what it was at my top weight. I am ready to take charge of my life and be healthy again. This time around, at least at first, I don't want to focus on the scale. I need to focus on eating healthy, becoming more active, and, lastly, inches going down. When I focus primarily on weight I tend to become frustrated and overwhelmed and give up too easily.

I have Celiac Disease and the malabsorption issues that come along with it. I was feeling ravenously hungry all of the time. I mean, my stomach is “eating itself” kind of hunger. If I ignore my hunger for too long I get migraines, so I ate and ate and ate. Turns out my potassium levels had gotten pretty low. Apparently the birth control pill I was on increases potassium levels. When I had to get off of it (family history of blood clots, including my mother, plus chronic migraines, just asking for a stroke) my potassium dropped. So the ravenous hunger was my body trying to get needed nutrients. I also had quit exercising for the most part because of muscle fatigue and pain. Now that I am on my electrolyte supplement I feel amazing! It has even helped my sleep issues!

I can do this! I have already lost an inch off both my waist and hips in just one week! I normally don't measure once a week, but I usually lose quickly the first week or two, so I tried it for ha ha's sake. I couldn't believe it! Now back to once a month measuring. Reading some of the goal and mini-goal posts on here has really got me excited and ready to go! Thanks for being such an inspiration!
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome back!

It's great you found a fix for your electrolyte imbalance. Wacky electrolytes can cause so many problems, some very serious ones too!

It sounds like you know what to do to get your weight/inches back off and you're well on your way.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It sounds like you are really ready to go. Congratulations on dealing so well with your health issues.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It's great that you've learned from the experience, are back on track AND already seeing incredible results! Way to go!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Thank you all!
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote