Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default Only lost 1 lb this week, and a question

I only lost 1 lb this week, and I was feeling bummed about it, BUT I realized that the new me is going to be excited about that 1 lb. That is 1 lb of the old me that I'm not upset about. 1 lb closer to my goal!

Also, we are planning a camping trip this weekend. How do I prepare for that?? I also know that when we go camping I want to eat more than normal. Any tips??? TIA!
basketballmamma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

When I get discouraged about "just one pound" I try to take a step back and look at it like this. Go to the store and grab a small bunch of bananas, maybe 3. Then weigh them. That's about one lb. You just lost 3 bananas off of your body! To me, that seems like a whole lot more than "JUST one pound." Glad to hear you aren't getting discouraged, because losing a pound in a week is a great thing!

As for camping food, I'd do this. Since I KNOW it's so hard to eat on plan while camping (hot dogs, smores, etc), try to make your in between snacks healthier. Cut up apple slices, crackers and peanut butter, HUMMUS!, etc. Little things you can snack on yet they are still are good for you!
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #3  

hummus?? what do you eat with it??? Because the stuff I buy with pretzels is 10 points, so I stopped buying it. I love hummus!
basketballmamma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I eat grape tomatoes, pepper strips, cucumbers, baby carrots, etc dipped in hummus, but when I package it (I usually eat it as a snack for work), I use a tiny tupperware container intended for salad dressing, put that on my scale, and weigh out the appropriate amount of hummus. It's easy for me to go overboard straight from the container.

For camping, we tend to do burgers. This is my favorite and I just package them up in a cooler for us to cook when we get there (they even freeze well). I like to eat my burgers wrapped in lettuce instead of buns. I've made a variety of veggie burgers too, or you could go with a classic lean beef.

Kebobs are easy to assemble and bag marinated for grilling, and there are many hot dogs that are lower in sodium, nitrates, calories, and saturated fats. I love fish foil packets too. Just stick all your veggies and fish in a foil "pocket" with your seasoning, and you can cook them when you get to the site.

You can chop veggies and bring them with eggs, center cut or turkey bacon, etc. High fiber breads/wraps/English muffins could make easy breakfast sandwiches.

For snacks, I bring plenty of veggies, fruit and jerky. All of the trails make it easy to work up an appetite.

Have fun!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote