UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default Newbie needing help, much help!

My story is a tale of woe unfortunately and I really need some help, support, guidance or a mixture of all 3 before I completely lose all my motivation.

I have been trying to lose weight since the birth of my son who is now 2.5 years old. When I first had him, I weighed around 13st and I managed to lose most of the baby weight almost straight away and by the time he was 6 months old I hit a plateau of 11st 5lb. I still wanted to lose a bit more but whatever I tried I couldn't get any lower (I can't really remember what I was doing at the time to lose weight (I blame baby brain)). At this time I tried Weight Watchers and then Slimming World but I just couldn't get it shifting. Life then took over, August of last year I moved house and was hit by debilitating depression which I had to take medication for and my weight ballooned up to 12st 13lb. In February of this year I decided enough was enough as I was feeling much better and weaned myself off the meds. So I started to try and lose weight again. I lost 8lbs steadily but I haven't been able to get any lower than 12st 5lb, no matter what I try.

Since February I have tried low carb, no carb, paleo, cutting out diary, wheat, cutting down on fruit, tried different sorts of supplements (not meals), cycling carbs, intense exercise (P90x) which burnt me out completely, low intensity cardio with HIIT, cutting down and counting calories, I have even had blood tests done to check blood sugars, thyroid and vitamin levels (all normal) you name it, I have tried it.

So here I am, hovering around the 12.5st mark (haven't weighed myself this week) and I gone completely off the rails (2 takeaways over the weekend!) and feeling rubbish about it all.
I just can't seem to find my magic weight loss bullet to help me shift some of this fat off my body (its around 36% at the moment)

Please, please can someone help me gain some clarity and help me find a weight loss path that will help me lose some weight.

Thanks in advance

Sarah
randomjamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Start small. Since it is a health issue then it has to be a food issue. For the next week write down everything single thing you eat. track the calories to see what you are consuming everyday. Make sure you measure the food as well.That is where I would start. Most weightloss happens in the kitchen. You appear to bounce around from one diet to another when you don't see results. When you start a plan it can take a few weeks to even begin to see a change. Choose one follow faithfully and stick to it. Exercise doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal. Start just doing something easy like walking.Take a class,yoga cardio.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote