View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodtimes View Post
Wow, great scientific explanation! It sound like it is suggests exercising outside would be helpful to minimize this effect! I could walk outside in the evenings rather on the treadmill. It will be interesting to see if that makes a difference!

Also, I am only about 6 weeks in to IP but would be afraid that, were I to go off of it, I might lose my way back on. One of my issues with weight has been that I really need structure and a lot of support to lose weight the right way successfully. I don't want this to be something else I stop doing and think "I'll take it from here" and the weight comes back again.
I was like that for about 10 months! Gradually I started to feel like I could actually maintain a lower weight, healthier lifestyle, which includes monitoring my food intake and my exercise.
Then I knew phasing off wouldn't be so scary. My Fitness Pal has been a huge help with that!

Excessive heat is just one more reason why the scale doesn't tell the whole story of our weight loss journey. Lets make sure we're not falling prey to worshiping the scale. It is ONE tool on this fantastic journey.

I haven't been on the scale in 3 weeks (away from home. Every scale is different). I put on some jeans last nite (heat wave ended here) and they were definitely bigger than last time I wore them. Still headed in the right direction, scale or no scale, heat or no heat, P1 or P3!

Last edited by lisa32989 : 07-21-2013 at 10:55 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote