Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling Down (Blah)

So, I am having a terrible week it seems! My food choices haven't even been that bad but I am still so down. I have been over my calories by 50 to 90 or so, on a couple days and it's really getting to me. I know it's my own fault and that I need to get myself to the gym more and go harder but I've been such a downer lately. I know I am changing physically even if the weight isn't changing, maybe I should measure for inches and track that! But now this week is my lovely visitor and I just feel like eating all the things.
So how do you ladies and gents get your spirits up on weeks when you're down (but the right kind of "down?!") Just venting, sorry to be a downer! Love y'all.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

I take my measurements each month in a journal. It really helps to see your progress over time vs getting on the scale. I look at this as a lifetime effort....so you may be focusing on losing weight now but looking long term helps as well.

We all have bad days - this too shall pass.
cosmic wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Going over by 50 or 100 calories is really not a big deal at all. You have done fantastically well! Wow! TOM is a very challenging time for me too. I get very discouraged and it's very hard for me to stick to the caloric intake. I will sometimes allow myself to eat at maintenance for a few days if it helps me stay on my plan. It sure beats having a binge.

Just tell yourself that you'll get through it and don't weigh yourself for a while....at least that's what I do. Just do the best you can and be kind to yourself. It's NOT easy to lose weight, especially when our hormones are wacky. Hang in there!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #4  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good advice luckymommy on eating in the maintenance mode. Dealing with TOM and dieting at the same time is so hard. I get so cranky and short tempered that everyone wants to stay away. So my advice is to not beat yourself up over this week and realize that after TOM passing you will be back on track.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 07-18-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #5  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys, the support really helps! Lucky, you have a really good point in not weighing myself every day; I am wicked guilty at that.

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 07-18-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote