View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #214
Ready For A Change

Hello there, I'm not sure whether anyone would ever class me as alternative. But I doubt anyone would ever class me as mainstream either. I sort of float out in the ether somewhere. I used to feel deeply uncomfortable in my own skin, but the older I become the better I feel and the happy I am to be the person I am... eclectic, a little odd, a book worm, political....

I'm 27, I'm about to finish my masters in Social Policy and am starting a Ph.D in September.I'm single and have no children. The single thing doesn't bother me particularly, but I desperately want children one day. My biggest fear is that I will never get the opportunity.

dieting/food: 2010 was, categorically, the worst year of my life. I went through some very upsetting and traumatic experiences and suffered profoundly. As a result I put on a significant amount of weight. In January 2011, I was jolted back into reality and became pretty obsessed with losing weight. I lost 28 lbs in 2 months - not healthy! After that I got a hold of myself, started going to therapy and started losing weight healthily. At around 145ish I got satisfied with my weight and wandered off the diet trail... but I am back to finish off the job!

Books: Slaughterhouse Five, A Secret History, The Handmaid's Tale, The Shipping News, anything and everything by Richard Yates...

Movies: I like the indie genre, though I'm not fussy enough to require an indie budget... I like anything with Mark Duplass or Greta Gerwig in it, anything by Wes Anderson, Away We Go, Your Sisters Sister, Stranger than Fiction. I am also a fan of sillyness: Airplane, Groundhog Day...

TV: West Wing, Parks and Rec, Portlandia, Community, Mad Men, I love me a bit of Grey's Anatomy.... really enjoying Orange is the New Black

Random facts: I really like words that are an amalgam of other words - whatsoever, albeit, notwithstanding, hitherto. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I love to write and sing and I just started decorating cakes.

One of these for each 5lbs lost:
Ready For A Change is offline   Reply With Quote