Old 10-29-2003, 12:41 PM   #1  
Head Princess

Question Why did you choose your user name?

So I'm curious! Please share why you chose your user name.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Because its part of my real name....

Why did you choose yours SP ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #3  
Head Princess

I really do have a princess complex. For my first married birthday, my husband asked what I wanted. I told him that I wanted something that would show me how he felt about me and prove that he knows me. My real name is Brandi and he likes to call me Brandi Jo. So he went to a international registry and had a star on my favorite constellation officially named Princess Brandi Jo for my birthday. I thought it was one of the sweetest and most thoughtful things ever done for me and the user name reminds me of it.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Gee yours makes mine look like a booger !!

Old 10-29-2003, 01:47 PM   #5  
Head Princess

LOL - no it doesn't!!! I love the names that I see people using and everyone has a story or a reason. And for those of you reading and not replying, you're in big trouble!!!

Old 10-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #6  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

This is funny.... It's amazing how different people's personalities are. If my dh EVER spent money on naming a star after me I WOULD KILL HIM! I like gifts that help me out in some way - very practical - I know! For the birth of my first dd I got a dishwasher (after being married 10 years and never having a dishwasher it was the BEST GIFT EVER!!!!) Oh I and I love any kitchen gadget that saves me time!

My user name is boring too - it's just my name and my state!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kim, Kim, Kim darling Kim... a dishwasher ? You gotta tell hubby to pamper you w/fine wine and cheese (all Atkins friendly) then maybe some pretty earings to make your pretty face even prettier.... start thinking about you ! and not dishes LOLOLOL. (I didn't get a diswasher until 2 years ago and we are married almost 14 years HAAAAAAA!! I know what you mean).

Your not boring !! and neither is NJ, you haven't been to bergen county now have you !! us northern folk just love to party!

I think the Star gift is very thoughful, not to many men think of things like that, kinda romantic. Did he sing "you don't have to be a star baby, to be in my show" lol Sorry, just popped into my head.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #8  
I KNOW I can!!

That was a very sweet gift! *sigh*

My username is based on the company I work for. (and have you seen Almost Famous? Back in the day I was a uhh...band aid). LOL
bandaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:02 PM   #9  
thin within

i picked fullfig, because i am so full figured. the naming the star was really neat. i have to admit that i am much like kim in practicality. i don't like getting flowers as it seems like a waste of money. supersized can vouch for me. this really is a great question, as i often wonder why people pick the usernames and avatars that they do.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: What a great gift and what a thoughtful husband! Does your husband offer lessons for the less-romantic/thoughtful husbands? If so, sign mine up!!

My username is my "rap" name and last name. My college friend and I always joked that we could start a rap group. I was J-Dogg, and she was H-Train. Silly stuff, I know, but the names stuck! The rapping idea, thank goodness, did not. It's not like we even tried to rap, we just wanted to be in a music video!

My name is also my e-mail address @yahoo.com.

Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 10-29-2003 at 09:31 PM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:36 PM   #11  
reaching my goals

StarPrincess, that is a unique gift. Yes, Fullfig is very practical. I like all sorts of gifts. Since I have no significant other I'm forced to treat myself to gifts and bobbles. I like the earrings suggestion.

Fullfig and I picked our names together. I picked Supersized because when I started Atkins I was a "supersized" version of a regular size...kinda like french fries.
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:40 PM   #12  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I picked mine because my last name is Story - spelled just like Storybook (which is what I say when people ask how it's spelled.) And, I'm very proud of being my daughter's "mama" because when I signed up, she was just a few months old.

So, I became Storybookmama.

Lisa K. Story
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:59 PM   #13  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink okay.....so you really want to know?

My husband (boyfriend at the time) calls me his angel and tells me all the time that he gets lost in my eyes. So....angel-eyes. **sigh** he's sooo romantic. For our 15th wedding anniversary a month ago, he bought me 15 dozen roses and another dozen for the start of our 16th year. **second sigh**....yup he's a keeper!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:36 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking LOVE ALL THE NAMES & STORIES!

Well I was named froufie (that's the correct spelling by the way - have to use Froufy as the other name was "taken" by me no less...and well you know - it gets too complicted) by then bf (now dh) after Little Rabbit Frou Frou (hopping thru the forest, scooping up the fieldmice and bopping them on the head)...dh's nickname is of course Fieldmouse (or just Mouse for short).

I am in fact partial to bunnies and have pics of them in my office cubicle....unfortunately allergic to them so no pets for me. Even kids call me frouf or froufie sometimes...my car is known as the Froufmobile...and I also collect stuffed bunnies (favorite is a pink one dh gave me when dating - I think for a birthday - which "talks" when you push the tummy and says: "somebunny loves you..."..very cute).

Hence the energizer pink bunny signature (fave color is pink) cuz I keep going and going and going....

As for romantic gifts I just love them! When "courting" I got lots and lots of roses (saved all the little goofy cards) and still get a dozen red roses once in a while (Latest a couple of weeks ago delivered to work cuz I mentioned I was having a bad day! isn't that sweet?).

No stars here (but what a great idea!)...but did buy dh for one of his birthdays a piece of land on the moon! We have the official deed/map and location framed in our upstairs hallway...very unique and funny - (maybe www.moonlandregistry.com ??)

Also have some poetry I wrote for dh framed in our home - a definite favorite (start writing ladies) is something I gave him on our first wedding anniversary: 101 reasons why I love you. Framed in gold frame with burgundy velvet mat - very beautiful (and expensive to frame of course...lol).

Froufie alias Froufy

P.S. Star: my girlfriend and I do believe we were both princesses in a previous life as we do enjoy many chi chi (sp?) things!
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:39 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Great stories! I want to hear more!