South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thoughtful Tuesday, SBD Daily Chat, July 16

Good Morning

I'm wishing everyone a great and OP Tuesday!

We went to bed early and have been up and at 'em. A week from today we will be packing the suitcase for an early Wednesday blast off. It's hard to believe it! I got the wedding flowers down to the kids on Sunday since they'll be driving....leaving early tomorrow morning I have lots of thinking to do between now and then since I work next Tuesday and am not worth much after I get home. I'm attacking several projects every day and I think I'll be all organized once it's time to head out.

Today, I'm washing bedding and moving forward with paperwork. I have two financials to be complete before I go...one done and I'll do the other this morning. Food has been OP, except for Sunday when Kirk and I shared a slice of BD cake. My clothes all fit fantastic! (A vacation dream come true!)

Coffee anyone? Stop and say hi
Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee indeed! Thanks for making it and starting us up. Lexxiss. I'm sure you will get everything done and on feeling good about vacation clothes.

"Thoughtful Tuesday" is a good title for me today. My Board meeting went well yesterday and I now have a new director who will be handling part of the Treasurer's load. My friend Doug is going to look after statistics and projections for me. I also said "No" to judging the gardens at the campground before the Fair. I heard "But you always do it!" but stood my ground. I also turned down the opportunity to make pies and potato salad for the chicken BBQ on August 10 by saying I'd be away. (I'm planning a trip to my son's cottage - he bought it three years ago and I've not been there yet! Ridiculous!)

Not sure what's on the agenda today but I'm sure I'll be able to "fill in the time"!

Today's Humidex will take us to 102ºF! The AC will be working overtime.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Ruth! Yes, I'm sure you will find something to do today. Kudos to you for saying no to several new activities. I always tell my mom that it's a good opportunity for someone new to volunteer when she stands her ground. Have a great day!

Yes, I will get everything done. I've found that as I've sharpened my food planning skills I have gotten more organized. It's a great feeling! I enjoy the relaxation of my days before travel rather than falling in to the airplane seat completely exhausted.

Lol I thought of "my" motto as I was working this morning....Make hay while your internal sun shines. My internal sun shines at 3am....7pm not so much.

Ok, back to work!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-16-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I had to answer some important emails before I could check in here. I'm glad that's out of the way, though.

Thanks for the coffee this morning, Debbie! That's great that all your vacation clothes fit well, you'll be looking fabulous!

Big Kudos to you, Ruth, for getting your report done and for not taking on any new responsibilities. I hope you find an enjoyable way to spend this day, but stay cool in the meantime!

It's going to be stifling hot today and I know the girls are going to want to spend the day at a pool, whether it be mine or a friend's. We made up a list of things to pack for their vacation yesterday, and I want them to get started on that this morning so they can do a little each day. Violin lessons will round up the day.

I want to stop by Dad's this morning on my way to work, and I just remembered I have to get gas, so I'd better run! Have a great day and stay cool!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-16-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Natasha hope you have fun at the lake

Debbie your boundless energy amazes me. Hope you post pics from the wedding. Awesome job feeling fabulous

Ruth kudos for standing your ground. Your son's cabin sounds like a nice little getaway

Linda hope you get to enjoy some pool time.

No coffee or anything for me this morning. Fasting ultra sound and blood work this morning. I need a full bladder. The only thing for me is 32 ounces of H2O. I will be on a rampage for coffee when I am finished.

Wow my pups haven't moved since I've been typing. Time to wake the furry ones. Have a great, thoughtful day.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey chicks, what a nice conversation you have going on here . I am joining you with coffee in hand, and the a/c on!

Lexiss...wow, that crept up quickly, didn't it!?! I am not very productive at 3 am, glad someone is .

Ruth, good for you for saying NO!!! I like Debbie's comment on it's the perfect opportunity for someone else to step up.

Linda, hope you and the girls stay cool today.

The kids and I went to the local pool last night....and then thunder 1/2 hr later . It was a nice break though. I have my long day at work, and our air isn't great, so I'm sure I'll be sweating by the end. Sigh. Our remodeling is supposed to start next month.

Have a cool day!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie you are always so organized, motivates me

Ruth the more you say "no" the easier it becomes to stand your ground, I try to balance so that I am not always volunteering for everything.

Linda that is a good idea of having them pack slowly

Jekel good luck with your blood work

Tywnn hope you stay cool at work today, maybe some fans?

Today is lots of meetings, but I drove in to work today since my parents will be arriving this afternoon, can't wait to see them. I think DH likes the car we are test driving so last night at 8:30 p.m. I decided if I am getting my car back to myself it needed to be vacuumed so that is what I did, it was still very humid so I was a sweaty mess when I was done but it was nice to get into a clean car this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone and stay cool!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another late work night so I started the morning sipping coffee on the porch. I hooked up a wifi extender so we have internet on the porch but I kind of like just sitting out there watching the birds in the morning Two more work days (counting today) and then we are off to the mountains and woods for a couple of nights. Glad we will be there for the 99 degree day I just hope the pup can resist barking at everyone. She seems to think her kingdom is the same size away from home as home and at home she thinks the entire neighborhood is her kingdom. Talk about little dog syndrome

Ruth - congratulations! The camp sounds perfect.

Debbie - Nice work staying on plan. It seems to be the summer for weddings. So many friends have kids getting married this year.

Cottage - Hope there is lots of shade near the pool so you don't melt while the girls swim.

Twynn - I hope it cools a bit before your remodeling. Maybe you could have it all done while you go away on vacation?!

Jennifer - Hope you made it to the coffee without incident and the test results are all good.

Rose - My car was cleaned two weeks ago and it's already messy again. I live out of it for work. This weekend's camping trip will return it to its pre-clean condition, I'm sure. Well, except for the beach sand, need the ocean for that

Okay, time to get a few house things done with my morning. I'm not as good at getting things done on late days as I am on quiet evenings.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning, er, AFTERNOON, chicks! I hope you all keep cool today!

Last edited by jenne1017; 07-16-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Spent most of the day at the lake and had a wonderful time. Came home and went for a 3 mile walk w/ a friend. Now I'm relaxing for the rest of the night. Hope everyone else had a great day!!!
Closed Thread