Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Depressed and Lost

Help.. please..someone.. I am feeling so discouraged and I don't know why. I was doing so well for months, and then for some reason I slipped. I got down to 212 and fell off the wagon.. Now I'm at 219, and I'm so depressed now over it. I feel so lost as well. I don't know where to begin again, and don't know where to start. Any kind of advice and encouragement would be amazing.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hey, at least you are stopping yourself after only 7lbs and not 20 or 30 or 50! And it might even be less, you wont know for sure until you eat clean for about a week to flush out water weight.

You've done great so far, you can keep it up!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #3  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I'm in the same boat (up 8 lbs from most current lowest weight now). You're in a spot now where it'd be easy to give up - but look at how much you've lost, you're not 240 anymore and do you want to be there again? Because if you don't do something now, you'll be right back where you started and then some!!! Don't lose the rest of your hard work. This is the part of weight loss that people are talking about when it gets hard, you have to stick it out even when you don't want to, even when you're depressed and want to just give up. You have to wake up again tomorrow and recommit Hope it helps, sleep on it and remember it's a new day tomorrow.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I see you started at 256. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You've come a long way and should be so proud of yourself. I'm so glad you've caught this before gaining a lot of your weight back. You only gained 7 lbs and I bet some of that is just water weight. Don't stop. Just get back to work and don't let this slip up keep you down.
Last year I lost 30 lbs and gained it all back plus 10. I wish I had caught myself after a few pounds like you have. You can do this.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

You can do this! Tomorrow is a great day to start fresh! Good luck!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/208/165

I think you need a reboot in your thinking. The scale can't be the focus for those of us with this much weight to lose. We have to celebrate every little habit change. Every time we get up and move, take a walk or a bike ride or mow the lawn, when we would have been sitting around before, we have to give ourselves a pat on the back for the great job we are doing. Every time we stop at one or two pieces of pizza instead of three or four or more, we need to do a happy dance. Every time we acknowledge an uncomfortable feeling and deal with it instead of stuffing it down with food we are winning. Little bit by little bit getting to this new lifestyle, that's got to be the focus. The scale is going to wander up and down from time to time. Gettinge depressed and stopping all the changes doesn't help us on the journey. I say ignore the weight for a week or two. Focus on the new behaviors and attitudes. The weight loss can't help but follow.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

List positive things about yourself. As the others have said, there is one major thing to consider.

* You weigh 219 instead of 256

Now list other things.

Quote:
I am feeling so discouraged and I don't know why
I also think that it is important to figure out why you are feeling discouraged.

You can do this! You have come too far to give up now.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5' 11"

Like everyone else has said, just be proud that you have realized now that you need to get back on the wagon when you've only had a small weight gain rather than realizing it at 20 or 30 gain.

It can be hard to start again after being off, especially if you don't know where to begin again. Just start doing the small things you enjoyed about your healthy diet. Eat a healthy meal you enjoy, do an hour of your favorite physicial activity or exercise, create new music playlist to get you pumped to use while exercising, buy new fitness equipment that you've always wanted to try to get you started again. Anything that will start a "spark" to get going again - do it!

You've come so far and this is only a little bump that I know you can overcome. Just have faith in yourself and you'll be able to get back into the groove again.
twosixeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think most of us here have been in the same state of mind at one point or another. The key is how to get out of this state of mind? For me, it's to make a commitment. I make that commitment every day...especially if I've slipped or have even fallen off the cliff! Make a decision that today is a new day. Forget the past (unless you choose to learn from it...which is ideal actually) but why punish yourself for being human? Today you will move on. You will take it step by step and one minute at a time if you have to. You will follow your plan and you will do what you need to do.

I have to count my calories for all that to happen.

Exercise helps me stay focused.

If the scale isn't helping me, I stop weighing for a while and trust in the process.

If I need support, I come here and post, read, etc.

I had a slip and I regained more than 50 of the 70 lbs. that I'd lost. It was incredibly difficult to get back on track, but you'll be surprised at how quickly good habits can help us regain our happiness. I still have tough days but overall, I am SO glad I didn't give up. Please join me and we can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

Please don't let 7 pounds destroy how far you have come! You can pick yourself up and those 7 will be gone before you know it. You are on a good path, just do it one step at a time. Look at how far you have come! Everyone here is cheering you on!
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Thank you all for your kind words! Coming on here does help a lot, and keeps me focused.

I am trying to get back on track but its so hard when I'm gone from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. every day.. Dinner is the hardest meal for me.. I pick my kids up from camp and then start our hour commute and they are so hungry so I'm like "Hey! lets stop at mcdonalds" and then there goes my eating habits..ugh. ANyone have any suggestions for someone with a super busy schedule for healthy dinners or lunches?
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
ANyone have any suggestions for someone with a super busy schedule for healthy dinners or lunches?
13 hour days are really hard to manage... especially with children. I think this is a great question and might need it's own thread! I found that planning a healthy snack for the car ride helps gets me home to dinner. The type of snack will depend on your plan but some ideas are meat or cheese sticks or trail mix or fruit or carrot sticks.

It also helps when I have a plan for a quick and easy dinner when I get home. Something that will be on the table in 30 minutes or less. for me that means using the crock pot or prepping everything the night before so I am mostly just heating and serving. The veggies are already cut the meat might be cooked or already marinated. If I already have a plan for the meal I can tell the kids on the way home and once I tell them I have to make it happen (depends on the kids ages and temperament).

Some days you are might need to stop and get something to eat. I suggest you figure out what you can eat with the kids that is on plan. Maybe you can change where you stop... subway rather than McDonald?

You can do this! One day at a time.
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote