Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default HEY!!! where is everyone?

Have we all gone on vacation? Run away from home? Or just plain too busy to post?

I've been staying indoors with all this heat and humidity, and going to work. A very boring life, but that's ok.

food has been pretty good - i have my stash of portion controlled containers all ready for the day, with some chicken and veggie-based salads [ok, so one of them also has a little bit of orzo for fun!].

check in - how are you all doing???
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

I'm still here. Still 2 years at goal and doing well. Watching my diet and working out hard at the gym 5 days a week.

My big news is that I scheduled a tummy tuck for August 31! I didn't lose all that much weight but after a pregnancy and losing 56 pounds I have a ton of loose skin on my belly and soon it will be GONE! Hooray!
mlk58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  
Releasing the inner hiker

Well, let's see.

Got engaged a few months ago; we may elope sometime this summer or early fall. We are also actively trying to conceive. I just turned 40; he is 50. We are not spring chickens and both really want a child.

I am pursuing a second Master's degree, one in European history. So, I've started my first class this month, which is quite a difference from the grad courses I've taken in education.

Earlier this year, a mass was found under my left arm and called a "low grade cancer." Due to a variety of issues, I didn't have it removed until yesterday. So, I'm recovering from that surgery right now. I thought I had a higher pain tolerance than I actually do. After WLS, I didn't use the pain narcotics once after returning home. Can't say the same with this surgery. So right now, I'm home-bound (not allowed to drive) and can't shower for a few days (which ensures I won't leave the house, lol)

So, that is how my summer is going thus far. Doing research,reading, and spinning around the house on Percocet.

As far as weight loss, it has definitely stopped. I gained some weight in the last few months, but I am back on track, using MFP to make sure I stay on plan. Since I never reached my goal weight, I would like to lose 30lbs to get close to it.

I still check this board frequently; apologies for not responding that often. I've been a bit self-absorbed as of late.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

JEN!!! good heavens!!!

hope there won't be any after-shocks from the surgery - things like chemo or radiation or regular biopsies or anything. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!

Gotta tell you, i AM a bit amused about the idea of grad school + percocet! all kinds of creative things can happen with that combination!

and glad that your wedding 'plans' are moving right along ...
Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I'm still here too! Starting my pre-op diet today...it sucks.. i will be on it for the next few months until surgery.
I am finishing up my university courses for the summer! Cant believe that i finished two of my courses in two months! Most people finish in 4 months, but i did it in 2! I am already registered for September..though I might end up medically withdrawing from my september semester if i find it too difficult to do my courses after having surgery...

What else? Losing my marbles! Haha...my child is driving me nuts! She is 3 tommorow and she is the most whiny girl ever!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 348/185/170

Height: 5.10/177cm

Omg I was so preoccupied with getting pregnant I forgot I still got some weight loss to do lol. And no I am not pregnant yet....)
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

are you saying that all that extra 'exercise' hasn't helped you lose weight?

and it's good to see you back, porthardy ... and glad that you're moving forward with the process. and grad school!!! yay!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #8  

Hey guys! Living life in maintenance now has been easy and hard at the same time. I can eat a bit more variety, but I have to be careful. I have to only get a small portion and put the item back otherwise I might eat more than I should. I still have excellent restriction which is wonderful. I still eat protein for most of my meals, and will occasionally have a "treat" but just have to be careful because it's a slippery slope. It's still new to me. Protein first still works best :-).
I am in Texas and it's hot as hades here! I haven't been going outside much. I have been dealing with sleeping issues. I took a break from university because my brain felt fried. I have to start back next week. I only have 3 courses left for my bachelor's degree. So happy about that! Almost done!
onalongmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jiff and everyone. My Mom has moved in with us, maybe temporarily maybe not. She has lung cancer and needs tlc. I start back to work full time next Monday and I'm still taking care of my grandkids, every other weekend. So, family first but time marches on. I'm a little worried about what to take back to work for lunches, I haven't really looked that far ahead. I guess I'd better start getting a plan together. Vitamins will definitely be a pain because I'm still on liquid and chewables... not all that easily transportable. Food for thought (always).
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

oh nora - so sorry about your mom - but I'm glad that you'll get to spend some extra time with her. as for lunches - i have a collection of 'portion control' containers - the ones that hold either 1/2 cup or 1 cup, depending on what i'm eating. thinly sliced things are good - leftovers can work, but [for me at least] they have to be moist.

gotta go to work - glad to see you again!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

I took a break from my laptop since July 2cd. But I finally brought it back out this morning. I have an appt on the 25th and then Surgery schedule on the 6th of August pending insurance approval. I found out that my sugar levels were above normal. Looks like the start of diabetes but I was told she wasn't going to diagnose me with it. I am having the surgery just in time. I start my pre-op diet on tuesday. I have a restaurant food bucket list with one crossed off and 6 more to go before tuesday.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote