Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/285/220

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Hit a snag in weightloss

So I started my weightloss journey....maybe late May? but i hit a snag mid-June when womanly mother-nature decided to come with a vengence. I had no motivation and lost my weightloss mojo.
I ended up gaining all my lost weight back. I'm back where I started.
So I was wondering if anyone had some advice in getting the mojo back.

Also,
I recently had a blood test done and it seems I have a protein deficiency.
I'm trying to eat more eggs, meats and nut-related foods that are high in protein and its honestly painful to eat (I hate almost all of those)
I'm trying to eat high-protein foods that are healthy and not gross to me, but I'm not sure what those foods are.

I'm looking for any and all advice you guys may have. I really need the mojo back.

Thanks (:
BreighRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

No real advice here, but good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Can't believe you hate those things!

How about beans?

Not ideal, but there's also protein powders!

Protein is ESSENTIAL but also keeps you fuller longer - great for weight loss.

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

What is it about high protein foods that is gross to you?

You didn't say you were some form of vegan.

Is it taste, texture, smell? Or is protein foods bothering you digestivley some way?

I find it hard to believe that all high protein foods seem yuk to you.

Don't want meat, dry edible beans are a good alternative and very versatile. Don't like nuts, chop them up and add in small doses, eggs are very versatile, boil, chop up and add to something. What about tofu? Tuna salad? Salmon patties? Seasoned shrimp kabobs? YUM! Low fat cheese! Low or fat free cottage cheese, Greek yogurt?

There are a lot of options, and sometimes, we just need to suck it up and go beyond our comfort zone and try new things.

Thankfully my DH has been supportive in this journey, and sometimes new things were good and sometimes, it wasn't fit for the dog!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For low calorie protein, I am currently in Nirvana eating pan-seared scallops, sardines, octopus, cockles and....today...sauteed snails with garlic and parsley.

Did I eat such nice stuff at 281lbs?

Heck no!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can relate to your post because there are times when I have brutal cravings that, in the past, have derailed my efforts. What I'd like to say is that mojo, or motivation, will come and go. As cliche as it might sound, you need to commit. Make a decision. If TOM comes around and you need more calories, then plan it and make it part of your plan for that particular time, but don't throw in the towel....I'm trying now to not binge but to just listen to my body and if I want more calories on a certain day, then I have them and move on.

I think it's important to limit refined sugar as much as possible. I notice that even having frozen grapes (which I love), will stimulate my appetite. I don't know if it's physical or psychological, but that's what happens. If I have them at night, then the next morning, I'm starving at breakfast whereas if I have string cheese the night before, I don't need to eat until late morning or even lunch.

It's important to learn from your experience and then it's useful. Figure out how you can overcome those obstacles and stick to your plan....and if you do fall off track, get right back on. You can do this!!! Hugs!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

What is it that you do like to eat? Maybe you can find a way to incorporate more protein right into your meals and make them healthier with a few tweaks.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

Whey protein might help...
CherryChan is offline   Reply With Quote