Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default Ip Weekend Chat Sat 7/13 - Sun 7/14/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
Good afternoon. So I am in my 6th day. Things have been going swimmingly for me. I've had rare hunger. When I do, it's right before lunch or dinner and I am quickly satisfied. I am not having a lot of cravings, minus the occasional daydream of French Fries. I am down 10 pounds in the first 6 days. My biggest problem is that I am still feeling fatigued. I am had about 4-6 ounces of coffee this morning. And that helped. But I came home at lunch and napped for 30 minutes and then about 4 hours later feeling very sleepy again. I thought these detoxing from carb symptoms would be gone by now? Or can I plan on feeling this way for a while? Thanks so much!
Wasn't sure if I should post in Friday's or the Weekend Thread, hope I am doing this right

Shayb, I was feeling really exhausted at my 3rd WI, my coach thought I was still detoxing from carbs and suggested I have either an extra non restricted packet or a hard boiled egg daily for the following week. I went with the hard boiled eggs and had one as a mid morning snack every day and by the end of the week I felt so much better! I thought I would add that I don't drink coffee and so I don't get any caffeine, so I maybe wrong but can't that cause you to 'crash' just like 'crashing' from a sugar high?

Sort of a twisted NSV for me but yes I am gonna share. . . . . . my ex husband messaged me on FaceBook (where I have been posting my progress) and let me know how terrible his marriage is and that he has been thinking he wants me back!

LOVED it and then replied that I was sad to hear thing's are not well, but that I am happy where I am and do not want to return to where I was.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Lisa I'm so frustrated. The scale and tape measure haven't moved in 10 days. I've not done anything different than the first week. I only eat 1 restricted a day, usually at lunch or snack. Should I just eliminate that all together and switch to the lowest carb items? Will that be enough to make my body change?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I needed to purge. I had a tough week. On Tuesday, one of my closest friends passed away suddenly. She had battled lupus, then kidney failure, two kidney transplants and was on dialysis. She was not healthy, but her death was sudden and unexpected. She had a complication with her fistula for dialysis and one of her veins burst with no warning. She was 43.

I've always been an emotional eater. And while this has been a very trying week for me, not once did I turn to food (or even think about it.) I just realized what a significant shift that is for me.

Part of my weight loss goal was in anticipation of a trip we had planned for September. She was proud of me for the weight I've lost so far (we just video skyped last weekend). And that's motivation for me to keep going.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Lisa I'm so frustrated. The scale and tape measure haven't moved in 10 days. I've not done anything different than the first week. I only eat 1 restricted a day, usually at lunch or snack. Should I just eliminate that all together and switch to the lowest carb items? Will that be enough to make my body change?
Unfortunately, we don't get to set the weight loss timetable. We stick to the plan and our bodies respond when they do. The fewer lbs we have to lose the longer it takes. IP works best for those of us with some degree of insulin resistance.
Some people have better results eating salad with each lunch and dinner.

Patience is the key, along with 100% adherence.
Be sure ALL water, salt, oil us being consumed, as well.
Are you using IP products or alts? If alts, are you sure they comply?
Some people stall with too much Mio, WF, or even the bars.
However, 10 days would NOT be considered a stall (4-6 weeks is a stall)

This is when a well-trained coach would be an essential support.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Unfortunately, we don't get to set the weight loss timetable. We stick to the plan and our bodies respond when they do. The fewer lbs we have to lose the longer it takes. IP works best for those of us with some degree of insulin resistance.
Some people have better results eating salad with each lunch and dinner.

Patience is the key, along with 100% adherence.
Be sure ALL water, salt, oil us being consumed, as well.
Are you using IP products or alts? If alts, are you sure they comply?
Some people stall with too much Mio, WF, or even the bars.
However, 10 days would NOT be considered a stall (4-6 weeks is a stall)

This is when a well-trained coach would be an essential support.
Thank you for helping me along on this path. I only drink water, no crystal light or mio. I dont use WF anything. I only use IP products. I am a vegetarian so my protein at dinner is 4 eggs and 2 egg whites or 1/2 a package of tofu, boring dinners, but I change up the veggies. I do eat a salad at lunch and half the time at dinner. I am not hungry, all the eggs is sooo much for dinner that I am really full.

I'll keep at it. I wanted to lose 25-30 lbs, I guess its going to take me or my body forever to drop the weight.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

hangdog- I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a wonderful thing to have such an amazing friend whose loss can break our hearts instead of just going on about our day. It sounds like you had a very special relationship. I'm sure she'd be proud of you as we are that you didn't turn to food for comfort. That's a huge step-take a moment to be proud of yourself, as she would. prayers and blessing to you today.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Why do children think that it's okay to get up at 5:15. The sun's not even ready to get up!!! Well, at least I'll get my metabolism started earlier. Chocolate shake here I come!!!

Last edited by drivebynotthru; 07-13-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #9  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
hangdog- I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a wonderful thing to have such an amazing friend whose loss can break our hearts instead of just going on about our day. It sounds like you had a very special relationship. I'm sure she'd be proud of you as we are that you didn't turn to food for comfort. That's a huge step-take a moment to be proud of yourself, as she would. prayers and blessing to you today.
Thank you for your kind words drivebynotthru.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I needed to purge. I had a tough week. On Tuesday, one of my closest friends passed away suddenly. She had battled lupus, then kidney failure, two kidney transplants and was on dialysis. She was not healthy, but her death was sudden and unexpected. She had a complication with her fistula for dialysis and one of her veins burst with no warning. She was 43.

I've always been an emotional eater. And while this has been a very trying week for me, not once did I turn to food (or even think about it.) I just realized what a significant shift that is for me.

Part of my weight loss goal was in anticipation of a trip we had planned for September. She was proud of me for the weight I've lost so far (we just video skyped last weekend). And that's motivation for me to keep going.
Hangdog...My deepest sympathy. There is not much to say...and only those who have ever experienced true friendship will grasp the depth of your sorrow and grief. I lost my dearest friend of 34 years 5 summers ago...also unexpectedly. She sounds like my Anna...I've wondered if she knows I'm finally achieving what I was unable to do when she was cheering me on...wish I knew for sure she knows. Friends often get lost in the grieving process...and I have come to recognize that is because true friendship is indeed a very rare thing. There is not much written...not really any support groups and unless you know someone who has experienced this kind of loss to share it with, the grief just leaks out of you with no place to go. Only one person I know seemed to understand because she actually had lost her best friend a few years before me. She said the grief would "always be just below the surface and with time you learn to control it." I'm still not there...so please be good to yourself. and let me know if I can help. PM me if you need to...
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa: I know you stay away from bars, but came across these and thought you may want to try them. They are soy and gluten free and some people have said the Simply Bars are not overly sweet.

http://www.netrition.com/wellness_simply_whey_bar.html
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Lisa: I know you stay away from bars, but came across these and thought you may want to try them. They are soy and gluten free and some people have said the Simply Bars are not overly sweet.

http://www.netrition.com/wellness_simply_whey_bar.html
I learned about those from someone on the alt thread a while back
I may try bars again when I get to goal but things that cause me cravings aren't allowed. I just ordered some more quest bars and the cravings are back. I thought it was just a flavor or two but it seems to be the sweet. Gave them to DH. Some things just aren't worth my sanity.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I learned about those from someone on the alt thread a while back
I may try bars again when I get to goal but things that cause me cravings aren't allowed. I just ordered some more quest bars and the cravings are back. I thought it was just a flavor or two but it seems to be the sweet. Gave them to DH. Some things just aren't worth my sanity.
I agree Lisa! I avoid the IP and Pure Protein bars because they caused serious cravings. I thought I would try the infamous Quest bars, but they cause the cravings as well. So, I'm avoiding the bars entirely.
After a few days on IP, the program became easier with no sweet cravings and little hunger. Legal treat or not, if eating a particular item causes this to be harder than it needs to be, then I will have to avoid it.
So, for my restricted items I am sticking with chili, southwest cheese curls, etc.
And, for some reason the sweetness of the chocolate shakes do not trigger cravings, so those are my "treat" on some days.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
I agree Lisa! I avoid the IP and Pure Protein bars because they caused serious cravings. I thought I would try the infamous Quest bars, but they cause the cravings as well. So, I'm avoiding the bars entirely.
After a few days on IP, the program became easier with no sweet cravings and little hunger. Legal treat or not, if eating a particular item causes this to be harder than it needs to be, then I will have to avoid it.
So, for my restricted items I am sticking with chili, southwest cheese curls, etc.
And, for some reason the sweetness of the chocolate shakes do not trigger cravings, so those are my "treat" on some days.
The shakes don't bother me like the bars either
Old 07-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #15  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hangdog...My deepest sympathy. There is not much to say...and only those who have ever experienced true friendship will grasp the depth of your sorrow and grief. I lost my dearest friend of 34 years 5 summers ago...also unexpectedly. She sounds like my Anna...I've wondered if she knows I'm finally achieving what I was unable to do when she was cheering me on...wish I knew for sure she knows. Friends often get lost in the grieving process...and I have come to recognize that is because true friendship is indeed a very rare thing. There is not much written...not really any support groups and unless you know someone who has experienced this kind of loss to share it with, the grief just leaks out of you with no place to go. Only one person I know seemed to understand because she actually had lost her best friend a few years before me. She said the grief would "always be just below the surface and with time you learn to control it." I'm still not there...so please be good to yourself. and let me know if I can help. PM me if you need to...
Thank you 65x65. I am sorry for your loss as well. Your post touched my heart as it's not easy to find someone who understands. You are so right. True friendship is a very rare thing. I would like to believe Anna is still cheering you on just as Judy will continue to root for me. It's incredibly hard to deal with the grief and yet, I feel like it hasn't even begun yet. It just doesn't seem real.

Thank you again.
Closed Thread