Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5'2

Default Wedding planning stress & urge to binge

Just starting the low-carb diet as of beginning of this week, I'm fighting my cravings for the usual comforts of cakes and pastries. Though we also started the wedding planning process. It never occurred to me how much work it is until I'm sitting here trying to make everybody happy and not get into full blown bridezilla mode. Normally, this is where I go and shamelessly down a cake of some sort for comfort.

How do you guys handle wedding stress? Especially while on a diet?

Last edited by TofuSprinkles; 07-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.
TofuSprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #2  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi TofuSprinkles (btw, are you vegetarian/vegan? Me too!),

I got engaged a few months ago and now we're shopping around for wedding venues. It's funny - I never would have considered myself as one of "those people" who would get stressed out by wedding planning. If left to our own devices, my BF and I would elope and throw a party a little while later, instead of the whole wedding thing.

But like you said, trying to make everyone happy is stressful. My main goal is to make sure that everyone has a good time, and especially for parents/family/close friends to feel a bit pampered. A wedding is (probably) the only chance I'll have to throw a party for everyone in my life who has given me so much...this is why I am trying much harder than I otherwise would.

You know what? The surest way to please other people is for you to be happy yourself - that is what the people who love you want to see. I'm trying to keep that in mind. As much as my mom would love to see me married in a church with all sorts of frilly stuff like doves and flower girls, she will be satisfied seeing me totally happy as I get married my way (in a forest with no bridesmaids, flower girls, or captive birds of any sort). Don't look in the kitchen for conflict resolution or comfort - just face everything, one item at a time, and remember that no one's life depends on this being perfect.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I am also trying to lose weight and plan a wedding but I am just not letting myself become stressed (stress could make it even harder to lose the weight).

Just try and focus on one part of the wedding at a time (venue, photographer, flowers) and when you finish one then move onto the next. You might find it less stressful if you are only dealing with one aspect at a time rather than thinking about a whole bunch of different things.

Also it is impossible to make everyone happy, just focus on making yourself and your fiancé happy. Everyone else should be happy for you!
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5'2

Thank you guys, that's a good idea Rated, to handle things one at a time.
JayZeeJay too, this is also my only time that I can throw a party for everybody. I'm not really a party type, and my job pretty much conforms me in a small studio. It's literally like I've disappeared into a cave.
TofuSprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

It is also very stressful the first week that you are detoxing from carbs. Hold on through that time and the carb urges will go away.

Vitamin B12 really helps with stress and anxiety. If you are not taking that you may want to start but it takes a bit of time to kick in.

Last edited by patns; 07-12-2013 at 08:14 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #6  

i recommend that you do some exercise like boxing or kickboxing something that you throw punches at cuz YOGA does not help, i say these with experience my bff recently got married and since i was the maid of honor i know what you talk about, and we took boxing classes cuz we had REALLY WE HAD TO LOSS WEIGHT so we went on a diet and sampling cakes was NOT THE BRIGHTEST IDEA, but boxing and hitting the bag help and losing wait and get all the bad feelings out at the end u do some streching and you breath and let all out.
LovelySara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

LOL i didn't!! I put on most of my weight leading up to my wedding! From experience, i would say chill, divide the tasks up, use a task diary if need be and remember that whatever happens your wedding day will be wonderful! Congratulations!!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I lost weight in the 5 months before my wedding because I was subsisting on carrots and diet coke. I was desperate to look good in a wedding gown that wasn't above a size 10. I lost 40-ish lbs in those months, and looked great in my dress, but gained it all back and then some in the months afterwards, when I went back to stress eating.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote