View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
anigurl715

S/C/G: 204/164/150

Height: 5'6

I phased off for my first vacation away with my husband since having a baby 21 months ago.

I continued with my running, which I did 3 times during that week. I made smart choices, I made bad choices, and allowed myself to enjoy the food if I was someplace where I couldn't "get this back at home." So I tried a small piece of bread from a place that was well known for the bread and I had a beer from the microbrewery. (But I didn't have a full piece of bread and I didn't have more than one beer.) We went to the Cheesecake Factory and I had a salad but we got cheesecakes to go to have after dinner that night. I ate it in stages--which surprised me--because I couldn't handle the whole thing! We had Indian food one night and I ate the rice but only a small scoop instead of a bed of rice. I ate naan, but not the full piece I used to eat. When we went to pick up our daughter, I had a piece of banana cream pie (but my mom made it with no sugar pudding or something) and I ate two s'mores. I felt so sick that night. There were tastes of onion rings and french fries throughout the week but just tastes, not whole orders of them. When I came home, I fully expected a 5lb gain. I almost fell off the scale when it said .6lbs. However, my belly and arms felt flabbier than they had the week before.
I have spent the last week slowly re-entering the diet, slightly conflicted about committing 100% right away since my birthday is Monday and we are going out to dinner with family on Saturday and having some other family over on Monday...My plan is 100% on protocol starting the day after my birthday.

So, in summary, don't go overboard, make smart choices, keep up your exercise routine (if you have one) to the best of your ability and most importantly, have a great time.