Old 07-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Can I vent a bit? :/

I am so disappointed in myself. Honestly.

I lost 65 pounds. I proved I could do it. I was so happy with the goals I had achieved.

And then things started going downhill at my job. My boss was a complete and utter *******. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that after a while, it gets tiring working for a person for whom *nothing* is ever good enough, who treats you like a total and complete moron, and thinks he himself can do no wrong.

How did I react to this stress? By eating, of course, just like I always do. And to make matters worse, my hours at work cut severely into my time for exercise (and let's face it, the stress and depression made me just...not want to do anything.)

I stopped going to WW because my hours made it impossible (there's only one WW meeting in my town a week, and I always had to work while it was going on.)

I've now gained back nearly 25 pounds. God, I hate saying that.

On a happy note: I finally had enough of my job and my hateful boss, and I quit on June 7. I've just started back at my old job (at the local Y) and I am determined to get back on track.

I just find it so hard to get started, you know? I feel like I've been off track for so long that I can't even remember how to start again. I'm planning to get my staff membership set up at work again tomorrow and I'm going to get back at it. I'm also going to start going back to WW next week (right now I literally can't afford it; since I'm over my goal weight I'd need to pay, and until next Wednesday I am flat broke. Bah.)

I just....can't believe I let myself go this far downhill. I feel horrible.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If the accountability of a weekly weigh-in and/or the fellowship and feedback from fellow dieters are the main reasons you find WW meetings helpful, you might want to try tops.org. it's a non-profit organization and is MUCH cheaper than WW. In most groups, the yearly cost is lower than one month of WW.

The down side (or upside for some) is that meetings are self-governing and leaders are voted in ordinary members. Also everyone follows their own plan (many follow the WW program).

Often, members are a bit older than in WW groups, but anyone can start a chapter with as few as four members, so groups can Be whatever members want it to be (within national organization guidelines).

Most groups offer contests that allow members the opportunity to win back some of their expense.

I'm currently looking for a new group, because my last group wasn't complying with national guidelines, and fattening food kept showing up at the meetings (Technically no more than two food events per year are allowed).

As for finding it hard to start, I think that's actually a result of weight loss tradition. We're taught that we must be ready and that a weight loss plan has to be fully formed and include a formal start date.

Just jump into the pool and start swimming. Doggy paddle, front stroke, treading water it doesn't matter, just get wet.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
I am so disappointed in myself. Honestly.

I lost 65 pounds. I proved I could do it. I was so happy with the goals I had achieved.

And then things started going downhill at my job. My boss was a complete and utter *******. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that after a while, it gets tiring working for a person for whom *nothing* is ever good enough, who treats you like a total and complete moron, and thinks he himself can do no wrong.

How did I react to this stress? By eating, of course, just like I always do. And to make matters worse, my hours at work cut severely into my time for exercise (and let's face it, the stress and depression made me just...not want to do anything.)

I stopped going to WW because my hours made it impossible (there's only one WW meeting in my town a week, and I always had to work while it was going on.)

I've now gained back nearly 25 pounds. God, I hate saying that.

On a happy note: I finally had enough of my job and my hateful boss, and I quit on June 7. I've just started back at my old job (at the local Y) and I am determined to get back on track.

I just find it so hard to get started, you know? I feel like I've been off track for so long that I can't even remember how to start again. I'm planning to get my staff membership set up at work again tomorrow and I'm going to get back at it. I'm also going to start going back to WW next week (right now I literally can't afford it; since I'm over my goal weight I'd need to pay, and until next Wednesday I am flat broke. Bah.)

I just....can't believe I let myself go this far downhill. I feel horrible.
Think of it as a learning experience, just start it up again and thats it. Basically what you have to do is try not to be so hard on yourself, go to the grocery store, and continue from there. Baby steps..just like when you first started! The first week that you lose some weight, you will be encouraged that much more to keep going! Congrats on the weight loss
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #4  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Tell yourself you've done this before - you can do it again! 25 pounds will be a breeze compared to the 65 you lost before - you can do this!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

I know it hurts! You need to allow yourself to accept a clean slate, and keep moving. Read that twice. Don't make a clean slate, but accept a clean slate. It took me a long time to realize the difference. Before long, you'll feel strong again!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I am in the same boat, lost 75 and put over half back on. It was really hard to get back on track as I spent too long not caring anymore. I am on my 3rd week of tracking and it is getting easier everyday! Good luck to you!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #7  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

I feel for ya. As far as the regain goes, most all of us have been there, done that.

Look at the positive things though... You needed to have something change with your work situation and you took the steps to make that happen! Super!

You've lost 40 lbs (a big deal) and know what you need to do to lose the regain so you're taking the steps to make that happen too! Great!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote