South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat - 9 July

I couldn't come up w/ a better title, LOL

Oh ladies, ladies, ladies...I would tell you all about my date but you'd be laughing all day if I did. I'll just put it this way...prior to the date I had a buzzard hit my windshield. That was nowhere NEAR the worst part of my night. Long story short, it ended w/ me cutting ties w/ him. The first part of the night was okay (aside from him smelling my hair, which was kind of weird)...but once alcohol got involved (for him...I had one beer b/c we WERE at a cookout/party, but I'm cautious and wasn't about to get inebriated while on a date w/ someone I've just met) it went downhill. I really feel kind of bad for him b/c I think he has some depression issues that are untreated, but I don't tolerate the disrespect that he showed not only for me, but also for my friend.

Today I'm going to try to get up early and go by personnel to see what the policy is for taking a leave of absence. If I keep waiting for a job, I'll never get moved to Massachusetts. So it's time to take the bull by the horns. I have a lot of people trying to talk me out of it, but if I'm making a mistake it's my mistake to make.

So what's everybody got planned for today?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks still sleeping or should I say lucky ducks!

Natasha just read your post and couldn't help but laugh. A buzzard wasn't the worst part of the day!!!! That says a lot!!! Glad you got to see his true colors. Hope everything goes well with the personnel department. I give you credit for following your dreams

Speaking of dreams, boy do I wish I were sleeping. This past week has brought a lot of emotions. Counting the days until vacation. My optional eating hasn't been too horrific which is a HUGE accomplishment.

Train is here time to go. Have a great Tuesday
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at "buzzard" not being the worst part! Natasha, sounds like a miserable night and you are well out of that relationship.

Jennifer, I always visualize you en route when you post about "waiting at the station with a workday wind a-blowing
I've got nothing to do but watch the passers-by". That's my current ear worm.

Today is the morning I FINALLY get another dentist to look at my darn tooth that has been niggling me since early May. (Actually it's not the tooth but the jaw below. Nothing shows on the X-rays - done three times.) We'll see what my periodontist says today. Since I'll be in town, I'll hit the big store for some city food - am thinking ricotta and kale. Around here, they don't even know the word!

Rain once again in the forecast. I can't go near my raised bed without sinking in the mud. I mustn't complain though because Toronto is flooded and the city was shut down. The good news is that my car is getting washed a lot. The bad news is that we have nearly 100% humidity with temps in the 90's every day.

Time to get my act together because I'm takin' it on the road. Have a Terrific or Terrible Tuesday - your choice. (Strange that those words are so much the same.)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Natasha, wow, your date sounded disastrous from the very start! As Jennifer stated, at least you discovered his true colors before you became more involved. He sounds pretty creepy to me. I admire you for persuing your dream of moving to MA, and if it doesn't work out, you can always move back.

Jennifer, it sounds like you need a big hug.

Yesterday flew by with so much to do at the farm, and we got hit with a big thunderstorm in the afternoon that made us decide to stay put, so we baked some Hobbit bread instead. That's not the name of it; I can't remember what Audrey called it, but she found the recipe on the internet on The Lord of the Rings website. I had a nibble of it, and it was pretty bland.
This afternoon I'm dropping both girls off at a friend's for an overnighter, and I can head home early.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruthie! Good luck at the periodontist today!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty chicks!

Natasha, I think we all laughed at the buzzard comment! You are right on moving - you'll always regret not going if you don't. Yay for you!!

Jekel - great job not emotional eating, I hope vacation gets here quickly! (hey, how are you driving there? Are you going down 80?)

Ruth, this weather is crazy rainy, isn't it?! (I can't believe I haven't heard doomsday/global warming apacolypse/etc...but maybe b/c I don't watch tv?!)

Cottage, are you doing anything fun on your early evening off, or just relaxing?

Work is insanely busy today (and was a huge test of my patience yesterday), so it should go quickly. I half made a salad so far (its kinda a cross between Jekel's and this...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Greek-G...alad/?prop31=2), and got the mexican chicken cass in the crock pot.

Hope it's a quiet, A/C filled day for y'all!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-09-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Enjoying my final cup of coffee on the porch with the pup then it's smoothie time drop the pup off at mom's and off to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got a few minutes before the 8 a.m. call so thought I would pop in early.

Natasha so glad you found out true colors before it went further.

Ruth hope they can find out what is going on with that tooth

Jekel

Cottage hope you get to relax this evening

Tywnn hopefully your day will go quickly for you

Debbie have a good day at work

Last night had swim meet, I was sweating buckets out there, today is supposed to be high 90s but 100 humidity fun fun. Tonight nothing on the agenda so may try finish cleaning up around house.

Have a wonderful Tuesday even though I was wishing it was Wednesday already lol!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Tonight we work the late shift so I won't get home until around 11. Usually Tuesday is my cleaning and cooking night. Oh well, too hot for much cooking anyway.

For those looking for new hot weather foods we tried Kalyn's Asian Lettuce Wraps last night with chicken instead of pork. They were easy, yummy, cool, and fun to eat. How did I cook before I found Kalyn?!

My morning off is packed with things to do so must run. Hope you find a little cool in your day.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Natasha- You know it's bad when a buzzard is the high point! And I thought some of MY dates were bad. Thanks for the giggle!

Ruth- Yuck! Tooo hot and toooo humid! I suppose it's a bit stereotypical/ignorant of me, but I never thought of Canada in general as a place that got hot. There goes my plan of moving there to be cooler! Good luck at your appointment.

Nothing planned today really. Supposedly going to the temp agency to pick up my things, but we'll see. Other than that...oh, and tutoring tonight, I have an open agenda. I'm hoping if I eat a big salad before I go to Panera to tutor, I won't be tempted. Why couldn't she want to tutor at a meat-fest type place? I'd be okay there!

I hope everyone is having an A/C filled day so far! *sits in front of Blizzard fan*

**edited at 8:20pm
I'd make a new post for this, but then there'd be two back to back from me and that's kinda silly. Anyway, I just got back from my tutoring session at Panera, and I just wanted to let everyone know I totally kicked carb butt! Granted, I had two cups of coffee instead, but still! No soup in a bread bowl! No baguette! No bagel! No pastry (they were out of my favorite anyway )

Last edited by penmage; 07-09-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: add update
Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hello all just popping in hoping everybody is having a happy tuesday.

Ruth did you see some of the footage from the Toronto flooding, it must have been an absolute nightmare. Im not even an hour a way & it barely spat here...strange.
Closed Thread