Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Default Emu oil for joint pain and dry skin?

I've been looking around for a remedy for dry skin and severely cracked heels. I found a number of websites that claim Emu oil or an emu oil-beeswax combo is a miracle oil that will reduce joint inflammation and cure dry skin. I'm a little skeptical. Has anyone tried this stuff? Does it work? One of the more popular brands is Blue Goo, and I think it's sold at Wal-mart and pharmacies.

Last edited by Sasha29; 07-09-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #2  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE emu oil but I haven't used it in years (pricey). My best friend's mom used to have and she would use it on her husband's bed sores (he is a quad) and it helps to heal up the minor ones. I just loved how it felt when I used it in deep massages after a hard days work.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd personally avoid oils that come from dead animals and there are lots of other options.

Jojoba oil, coconut oil, Shea butter or almond oil are what I'd recommend for really dry skin. For joint pain, it helps to get blood flowing to the are which massaging oil will do but you could also look for something with menthol as well which draws blood to the skin.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/183/120

Height: 5"5

As a pharmacy student ( as in I don't know everything, don't hate on me ) I've heard of Emu Oil (quite briefly, we don't focus much on that kind of products ) but it is indeed great for dry skin. It is even recommended for freshly made tattoos because of how hydratating it is . As for join paint, Emu Oil isn't an anti-inflamatory per say but it is shown to help join paint when taking orally, topically I'm not sure. Fact is most studies are on animals and it does work but we have no proof on humans just yet.
If you wanna try it : go for the purest possible not for the " emu oil based cream " that might contain 0.05% of oil or something. ASK YOUR PHARMACIST, if you take any medication. Yes even natural products and creams etc. can interact with medication.

And I apologize if i use words that don't exist or something, I study in french.
Mayssa is offline   Reply With Quote