UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 13/12.5/10

Height: 5'6

Default Advice?

Hey everyone!
I was wondering a few things on here and after having a browse and seeing so many success stories thought I would ask for any tips etc.

I need to mainly get rid of my muffin top (core area so I have found out lol) also tone up everything and slim down altogether, currently 5'6, weigh 12.5 stone.

I realise I "munch" out on crap when I feel down or depressed, chocolate helps everything, except my belly..
I am a full time mum to a little girl and get no support so I cant go weight watchers, gym etc, so need some stuff to do at home, but I have noticed some DVD's are weight based, I want to slim down & tone up, not end up looking like the Hulk,
Also whats the best App (weight loss wise) for my phone? I had Zoom but that's more America based than Uk,
I don't get this whole calorie thing either, what foods do people eat that wont cost me the earth but will help me lose weight (Im a poor cook)

I'm border line desperate now, my "partner" has left me for a mum with 2 kids, because he feels comfortable with her at their trip in 2 weeks time to a water park. So I want to lose this weight now, so I can stick 2 fingers up at him and walk away.

So any one got any tips for DVDs that have worked, or work outs, or any food tips??

Thank you :-)
flumpy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Hiya flumpy24,

The weights based exercises wont make you bulk up, they will tone you up, you would have to do some searious weightlifting to hulk. They will "suck in" your body and give you a better shape. I used jillian michaels 30 day shred and lost 2in off my waist within 2 weeks, i didnt bulk up, unfortunately i havent been consistent!

You could just eat what you normally eat but control your portions instead and keep within a calorie limit. Or simple things like having a big bowl of steamed veg with every meal to fill you up and reduce what you eat of everything else.

Also figure out what foods make you/keep you hungry. I cut down sugar drastically except for whats in fruit and the occassional dessert. I also stopped eating bread, i'm not advocating low carb or disparaging it but for me bread didnt do anything for me, i would still be hungry as if i hadnt eaten anything at all. I do have a high carb diet but thats all from lentils, beans, fruit and veg. I find it easier to stick to by choosing high fiber options. I wouldnt suggest a massive overhaul of your diet (unless you feel its not a very god diet) i tried doing that before and i just ended up with cravings.

I hope that helps and good luck,

Ps you should stick your fingers up and walk away regardless of what you weigh.
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #3  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

You are unlikely to end up looking like the Hulk even with weight resistance training. Indeed, it is one of your best ways to acheive toning when combined with some yoga or pilates for toning, a healthy diet (of your choice). There are a lot of you tube options as well as the paid for DVDs you can do in the house.

For results in two weeks though, there is not much difference you can make in that time. Start with increasing your water intake (better skin) and healthy eating. You will only be doing minor exercise as it has to be at the level you are capable of now, so therefore no major changes.

Instead concentrate on what you can manage in that time. Get a new hairstyle, sleek, simple and understated. Make sure you are waxed, have good nails (hands and feet) moisturise your skin every day. The aim is to look clean and fresh, but without effort. Practise laughing. Wear something that makes you feel comfortable to be in.

Go to the water park and spend the day playing with the kids, laugh, run around and enjoy yourself. Whatever you do, throw yourself into it and concentrate only on that. Whenever you see him looking just nod and smile (thinking about his head exploding may help with that). You want to stick your finger up at him. Make him feel he has never seen you so happy as you are right now. If he asks admit it hasn't been fun (especially if he has caused financial problems with what he has done) but that you are finding your way and then go and do something that makes you smile! The best revenge is a life well lived.

In 3 months your healthy lifestyle will be showing for both you and your daughter, you will be feeling fitter, finer and stronger than ever. In 6 months you will be wondering why you bothered doing this because of him, you will be so proud of yourself and what you have acheived that you will be doing this for yourself and only for yourself.

Good luck! Be strong and be fierce.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 13/12.5/10

Height: 5'6

I tried the 30 day shred and nearly died lol, will try it again and see if that works, we eat a lot of chicken, curries, jacket potato's mainly, I only like lettuce and cucumber (salad wise) and like all my veg but I have an addiction to fizzy drinks, I end up shaking if I haven't had one all day,
Yeah, I know, but its made me feel like crap, he's not even slim himself, I would lose a bit then he would come home with a take away, he told me to my face about her the other night when I confronted him about the way he's been acting, I need to lose weight also as hate the summer as I hate my "muffin top" and end up not wanting to go out because I don't think I look nice,
I end up just munching out soon as Ive done it I feel like crap and regret it, I never seem to have much energy either, I don't eat much crisps or chocolate (cant remember the last packet of crisps I had) but I am a sucker for steak, ham and butter sarnie's, ice creams now the summer is here, x
flumpy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #5  
Perpetual Dieter

S/C/G: 191/187/130

Height: 5'2

He sounds like he is doing you more harm than good tbh, though I know what its like to think the sun shines out of the arse of men who are just generally d*ckheads.
It sounds like you know what you have to do and just need reassurance, its ok to turn down that takeaway when he brings it home, and for you love of iceceams now summer is here try look for lower calorie alternatives that will fill your craving but not do your diet any damage.
There are smoothie icecreams that are low in cals as they are just made from fruit, that hit the spot for me.
Don't put off your enjoyment of summer cause you hate your muffin top, everyone hates something about themselves and the best thing to do is just ignore it and have fun regardless. Sounds hard but it just takes practice.
I really wish you the best with this, let us know how you get on
Kayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i don't know if you have seen but I have 5 fitness DVDs that I'm trying to sell. Looking for £10 for the 5. Its a mixture too, there is some Zumba, some gentle exercises and some more energetic ones.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

10 minute solution pilates perfect body is reaaaallly good for toning the stomach and core area - it hurt so much the first time I did it, pilates is suprisingly hard!

Its £4 off amazon at the mo, with free delivery. There are also plenty of other good fitness dvds that are cheap too, and you can generally tell by the reviews off amazon whether they are good or not.

Some men are pigs, you sound better off without him

x
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 12.5 stone

Height: 5"6

Hi what is Pilates? lol I've heard of stuff but don't actually know, I got hypermobility and a ripped cartilage in my knee, also gout in my joints so I find some exercises hard (if I go to the gym and go on the "bikes" as I call them lol my knee's lock, and for ages after my right damaged knee ache's and hurts)
Jemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

Pilates is mainly floor work, done on a yoga mat, and it helps with flexibility, toning and strength. Look it up on youtube if you're curious, there should be some exercises you can do with a bad knee, a lot of the core and tummy stuff is done lying on your back or side.
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 161/132/120

Height: 5'2

To be honest losing weight is 75% diet 25% exercise. I have found calories counting works best - I am also currently doing slimfast bars for breakfast and lunch - I have a wedding in six weeks and need to fit into a size 10 dress! I have lost about 1.5 stone in nearly three months.

Myfitnesspal is great for tracking calories - you can even scan barcodes with your phone.

I stick to 1200 calories per day and eat a lot of chicken, fish, salad and low fat yoghurt.

Your ex is a jerk. He used weight as an excuse - he knew it would hurt you. Don't lose weight to show him- lose weight so you feel more comfortable and confident. He is an arse - I pity the poor woman who get this water park trip!!!!
Michelle2008 is offline   Reply With Quote