South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Misty Monday - July 8

Good Monday and welcome to a new week. We have a strange morning here with mist in the meadow so it looks like fall but it sure doesn't feel that way! I think it's probably steam coming off the wet grass (and weeds) out there.

So nice to not have Rachel's wedding flowers to worry about. The wedding was great and the flowers much admired. The catered buffet was really strange and easily avoided by me. Who on earth served hot dogs at a formal wedding? The rest of the stuff was pretty boring - lots of frozen commercial things like mini-quiche and sausage rolls. However, the open bar was great and I met some interesting people. Rachel is an event planner who runs a theatre school.

I have a load of laundry done already and am going to go over to the Fair Hall to finish sorting out the schoolwork for Wednesday's judging. I have a meeting at the bank later today to discuss co-signing a line of credit for a young man and also need to go to another bank to deposit the weekend "loot" from the Mill. I imagine that will help me fill in my time now that I don't have flowers to fret about. Sugar snap peas and chicken stir-fry are on the menu for dinner. I see myself relaxing with TV and some quilting this evening. that the day unfolds as planned.

How does your Monday look? Coffee certainly helps to put a good slant on the day.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You have mist, and we have fog here this morning, Ruth, after some wicked storms last night. I'm glad you're going over to the Fair Hall to sort the art work before it gets too hot. Is anyone going to help you?

I imagine after having 4 days off, I'll have a busy day of laundry and errands at the farm. At least the girls are always willing to help so we can get done fast. Many hands make light work, then we'll be free all afternoon to do whatever they want.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda, I've already sorted most of the stuff so it won't be long. I'll wait a while if you want to drive up to help me. I know you are an experienced schoolwork sorter.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Although I am enjoying the view out of my own window (which is not too misty), I do miss the view from our campsite (which was misty over the mountains!). It will be delightful to walk today in shoes that aren't wet though .

Ruth, glad the wedding is beautiful. The wedding I went to a couple of weeks ago had fire grilled pizzas for dinner??! Different, but I heard they were good. The hot dog thing is a bit weird.

Cottage, you are lucky the girls will help you!!

(I hate when I post this on accident too early....)

Today is back to work and back to life. That means grocery shopping (at 3 or 4 different stores?), and prepping for the week. ANyone making any new and exciting salads?

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-08-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, clear, less humid skies here. Still put the AC on as we are supposed to reach 90 yet again. I took today off to go to the funeral with my DS. I didn't stay at the wake long, but he seems to be going through the motions ok. Yesterday was just a tough day all around. At work we had a railroad employee go into cardiac arrest. Then I had the sad task of taking his wife to the hospital for the death notification. I drove her back to their home an hour north of GCT. Ironically she was going to the wake last night too. She asked me to convey her condolences as her son was coached by my son's friend. I felt absolutely horrible intruding on this woman's grief, but unfortunately it is part of the job no one likes. Some of the officers have never experienced witnessing a death. Myself and the Lt will keep a watchful eye on them the next few days.

Ruth can you post a pic of the flowers you made?

Linda be careful working in this heat.

Tammy glad you and the family had fun camping
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another Monday morning, another flash flood watch, hot air, and heavy downpours in the forecast. It is getting kind of old now. So glad we bought the AC. Little dog is breathing better (though we disagreed about her chasing squirrels at 3 pm yesterday. Silly dog) and we actually got a good night's sleep. Never thought I'd want AC but looking at the 10 day forecast (looks a lot like the last several) I'm glad we did.

Tammy - I've been asking the same question. I need some new salads Last week I refound the recipes for Asian broccoli salad and Cucumber salsa turned into salad. Last night it was the cabbage, red bean, feta. Need something new tonight!

Time to get the To Do list rolling. Hope your Monday has some cool spaces
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
It looks like a sunny beautiful day here. It's always cool in the morning and we don't ever have much humidity so it's really nice. My timers are going so the lawns are getting watered while I sit here and enjoy my final cup of coffee.

Wishing everyone a great Monday!

I didn't bring my reading glasses out so I can barely read what I'm typing. LOL

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-08-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #8  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! Still on plan, just very little 'net time.

It's only going to be 88 today. We're having a cold snap!

I'm just getting used to eating a salad every day. I got a huge cookbook called "Simply Salads" that has a lot of good ideas in it. Hope everyone has a good day! (make that a good week, just in case I don't get back here)
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning! Feels strange to be at home at 10:30 in the morning instead of at work. I'm supposed to go to the temp agency at some point today and pick up my stuff.

Eating scrambled cheesy eggs this morning, with home-produced eggs! One of them was a little tiny thing. Helped Mom out in the garden last night and I am SORE SORE SORE. In places I didn't even know I HAD! Trying to get in more water today- been bad about that lately, and it's causing..er.. problems. *ahem*
No plans other than picking up my stuff, and making up a new batch of chili.
I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

CyndiM and Tammy here is my go to summer salad. Peeled yellow squash, s
zucchini and cucumber, 2 cans chick peas, red onion (when I remember it) and red pepper (bell). Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.This salad requires no measuring just chopping up some veggies. Sometimes I eat it solo or with some turkey roll ups.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Checking in to say good afternoon. We had another massive downpour last night. Almost 80 and very humid now. This version of summer weather is getting old!

I have not been very creative with my salads lately but I think I will try Jennifer's recipe and maybe search around for some more. I am anxiously awaiting the produce to start coming out of our garden! I have baby squash, cucs, onions, tomatoes, etc but the only thing I have been able to pick is the lettuce. Soon I hope!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jennifer - I have a spiral slicer and do something like that with spiraled summer squash. Everyone thinks it's noodles
Closed Thread