Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Anyone doing kettlebell workouts?

Hello there,

I would like to try kettlebells for the first time. Has anyone done this and can you offer advice? I don't want to hire a trainer....I'd like to just buy my own kettlebells and use either a dvd or a youtube video. I do know that correct form is crucial to avoid injury. Thanks so much!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Hey, look up Pavil! I've done kettlebells in the past, though I'm more focused on running these days. They're great, and I got amazing strength and cardio out of it.

Enter the Kettlebell is great, and actually really funny and interesting to read.

http://www.amazon.com/Pavel-Tsatsouline/e/B0034O4RUI

Before I put them down for a bit, I could press 50lbs over my head with one hand. Cool.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Lucky. I did kettlebells in the past and really liked it. I took an intro class to get the form down and then bought my own kettlebell with 3 different detachable weights to work out at home. I will say that I was so sore from the swatting that I could barely walk after the first day. If I were to start over I would do some squats for a few days before adding the bells. Good luck!
Cherie2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

fatferretfanatic, thanks for the link...I'll definitely check it out.

I just started yesterday by using youtube videos and it was great. My main challenge is that I have a knee issue but I"m trying to work around it.

Cherie, thanks for your input...do you still do the kettlebells or are you sick of them?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote