Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 11:51 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#433

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:12 AM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Yup, I'm still alive! Both the computers in the house have decided to go wonky, and since I'm not supposed to use the internet at either job, I've been pretty stuck. DH is working on our main puter right now, and the instability this one has been having seems to have settled down a teensy bit for now. At least it isn't shutting itself down every two minutes. Because the post will probably be lost if I go on much longer, I'm just going to let you all know life is good here.

Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your brother must have meant so much to you. I'm not sure how religious you are, but I've always believed those who go through this life with disabilities of one sort or another have a special spot reserved next to God. How precious they must be to have offered to come to this earth for us and teach us so much about living. *HUGS*

Andria
Old 10-29-2003, 01:17 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well, I can't believe it's time for bed already! I feel like I should have actually been there a long time ago. Oh, look at the time, I should have.

I have not read or written today and I hate to miss on my second day already. You'd think I could get through more than one day on my new life plan. Heck, I'm not following my plan to hit the sheets with honey tonight either. (But last night was worth it! )

Honey has a friend that is a single mom and we went to her son's last middle school football game tonight. He's a really good player and looking forward to being in high school next year. The only trouble is, it was about 40 degrees with rain and wind. YUCK! I kidded her and honey that I used to go to football games all the time in high school and this was the most time I had ever spent on top of the bleechers during a game! Even though we took a queen size quilt to cover up our legs and wore winter clothes and gloves and took two umbrellas, we were frozen and wet coming out of the stadium.

Today has gone decent as far as food goes. I will not go so far as to say 'gone well', let's just leave it as 'decent'. I had White Castles for lunch, an apple for breakfast and we drove through Wendy's for dinner and got Mandarin Chicken Salads, mine was eatten without the crispy noodles, almonds and high fat dressing. The only REAL problem I had with the day was that I polished off that bag of PB cups that I started yesterday. The good thing??? Now they're gone and I don't have to eat some tomorrow! I'm not doing a food journal yet, but even when I count up in my head, I'm within my points, so I'm still feeling pretty good about myself. The PB cups are 1 WW point each.

Judy: Nice to know your REAL name. Now I have to get used to remembering that Judy is really J-Ann! * I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Boy, what a long life he had for not having a very good prognosis from the beginning. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Andria: Hope you get your 'puter troubles over with real soon. Glad everything else is going well.

Barb: What a terrible time you're having. You must be alot like I am. When honey is away for the evening, I just don't function very well. It's almost like my life stops. Kinda weird, but that's how I am and when he's out of town, it's far worse.

Pam: Thanks for the song. I really love that one, as a matter of fact!

2cute: I'm glad you got some good sleep. It really makes a difference, doesn't it?

Mary: Sure wish you were coming up here with your honey. We could play while he worked! * Put the M&M's away! You do not need them and she is NOT MAKING you eat them. Remember what I said yesterday about CAN'T and WON'T??? It's not that you CAN'T say no, it's that you WON'T!!!! When you think about it that way, it really makes a difference. Unfortuneately, I didn't think in THOSE terms when I was reaching for the PB cups either.

Terri: You go on that stationery bike! You're doing great!

Kat: Where are you tonight? Working, I bet.

Tina: Time to get back in here, the weekend's over and Tony doesn't race every day!!!

Homebound/Joanne: Good to see you stopping in. I wish we could get you a computer at home so you could be here more often.

Lucky: You've got a real dilema for the Christmas party. But what a cool company to do something that special for their employees. Isn't there someone at work that has an eligible bachelor friend?

There are also a whole bunch of our friends missing. I hope you will find time to jot us a line and let us know you're ok.

I went to the dermatologist today to have a couple of spots checked out. She said they were all fine, no big deal, no trouble so I am one happy camper!

Max, the cat, has weepy eyes so I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow. Hoping it's nothing serious. They've actually been that way for about 6 weeks. Now, before you think I'm a terrible kitty mom I have to say that this started when everyone else in the house started with hayfever so I pretty much figured that it was some sort of allergies for him too. Now they are getting a film over them at night and I'm a bit worried about him. I sure hope that leaving it go hasn't done more damage than can be corrected.

Well, girls, I'm off and going to bed. I think I'll write in my journal tonight, but I won't take the time to read. Maybe I can read twice tomorrow. See you all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-29-2003 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I only have time for a quick post as I'm trying to get to work early today. Way too much to do. This is my Friday as I'm off Thurs & Friday.

DH and I are going to Eureka Springs, ARK tomorrow morning and coming back Sunday afternoon. We've rented a small cabin that overlooks Beaver lake - jacuzzi, private balcony, fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, 2 TVs with VCRs. I'm not sure we'll leave the cabin much but instead hang out and just relax. We plan on renting movies to take and we're taking our own food. I am determined to stay OP while gone. We cook better than what we can buy out so we're okay with that. We're taking shrimp, lobster from Sam's Club, steak, and several bags of salad.

Okay ladies, I feel the need to open a can of whup a$$. Its Halloween time and its a bad time for those of us who crave chocolate. Make it your plan of action to let ... other ... people .. eat .. the ... candy! Don't let a bag of candy and self-indulgence get the better of you. January 1st is only about 8-9 weeks away. And after that, about 16 weeks to the spring fling with 2Cute. Think how much we can accomplish in that short time period. BUT we have to leave the candy and all the holiday goodies alone! Get your behinds back to the gym or to Curves or whatever. Get your journal out. Get your menu plan going. No moping, no funkytown, nothing but CAN DO!

Okay, now you can talk about me while I'm gone.

Judy - I have always thought of you as being Joanne! Nice to meet the real you! I'm so sorry about your brother and this difficult time you have to go through. You're in my prayers. Take care!

I'll be back on Sunday! Have a great rest of the week and weekend!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

JUDY, I am soooo sorry for your loss.
Isn't life amazing sometimes. They only have him 3months... and he had 47years. What a miracle his life was. I too am so glad you have a strong support system. HUGS

Thanks for helping with the name confussion too. LOL
Is your name "really" Judy or did you just pick one to help the confussion ?? Either way is fine... I am just curious.

Lucky... Hey girl... if you want one of our rugged Okla men... then get your butt down here before xmas so I can hook you up. LOL
I am glad you are not too picky about looks.

Barb ....I was MIA yesterday because my daughter and I spent the ENTIRE day hunting for where to have the wedding and reception and then I was asleep before 9:00 pm again. I NEVER go to bed that early.
Well... I was not in bed. I fell asleep on the couch.
I woke up at 1:00am and almost came in here to post.. but forced myself to go to bed instead.

Mary.... SPIT THOSE M&M's OUT !!!!
Get yourself busy checking in books. It sounds like you will be busy doing that for hours.

Terri... thanks for being such a good cheering section for me.
You are always there cheering us all on whether we deserve it or not. LOL
Enjoy your trip to Eureka Springs. Hubby and I stayed there not long ago. Have you ever been to Roaring River State Park near Cassiville ,MO.??? It is not far from Eurkea Springs... like an hour maybe. I spend LOTS of time there. If you want to take a day trip you may want to check it out. Be sure to check out their new lodge. It is sooo pretty. Maybe some day we could meet there.

Thin... thanks for starting a new thread for us. I wrote this at the end of the last thread and had to move it here.

We found a couple of nice places for the wedding... but ... $$$$$$
I cannot believe the cost of these places. And they think their food is made of Gold with the prices they charge. And of course... they won't let me bring my own. Grrrr

To everyone else... HELLO !!!!
I am on my way to Missouri today to visit my mom.
Hopefully tonight I can stay awake long enough to post.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-29-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:26 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Long post on the way.....

but not yet. I'm at work right now and the boss will be coming in shortly and I don't want her to know REALLY how much work I do. I thankfully do not have anywhere to go tonight (can you believe it?) and I will give you all the updates as soon as I get home and settled in.

Oh by the way...... did I mention? TREY is going to the SUPERBOWL baybeeeeee!?

P.S. Judy, I have read enough to know that you have suffered a tremendous loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:26 PM   #7  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

I just have to come in quickly to share a very good recipe. I got this off of another group and it is so good and rich tasting and only .5 points a cup! Yes, I said .5 points a cup.

For those of us who like Hot Chocolate:

Subject: Hot Chocolate Mix

3 cups non fat dry milk
2 cups Splenda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Put ingredients into a large bowl and mix well (I use a wisk). Keep
mix in a well-sealed container/jar. Mix 4 Tbls. into a lrg. mug of
hot water.
Per cup = .5 points A delicious guilt-free treat!

**I didn't know if I wanted to waste 3 cups of Splenda on something I hadn't tried so I halved the recipe the first time I made it. 1-1/2 cups of dry milk, 1 cup of Splenda, & 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.** It made a good amount and I personally love the stuff.
I bet you could add a little instant coffee in it to make it mocha flavored also.

I don't have time to write anymore just now, I am waiting for a ride to go to CURVES.

Hope you all are doing great at staying OP...and Judy, my prayers are with you and your brother....

Last edited by Syn; 10-29-2003 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Hi chicks...

I'm just a poppin' in for a moment...I'll try to be back later. I have to bring the boy to CCD, so I usually get to sneak a nice walk in for that hour...I'm trying to decide if I should bring the doggie along...It poured all last night and most of today and now there's that late afternoon golden glow...dark blue sky against the brilliant leaves. Have I mentioned how much I love the FALL??

Syn...I LOVE the cocoa recipe, and I have all the ingredients! Thanks for sharing!
Tina...can't wait to hear your weekend tales.
2cute...wedding plans....ahhhh, memories! I remember when we were looking at places (many moons ago) and my parents were appalled that the place I wanted charged $35.00 per person!!! Good luck!
Terri...thanks for the reality check, !
Thin...Hey! A decent day is always better than a bad day! Hang in there.
Andria...I hope the computer gods smile favorably upon you! You always have such good posts!

Whew! That's eveyone so far...I'm going to try to get to chat, but I have to work tonight. If I'm not in bed my 8, my watchdog...er...my son harasses the daylights out of me til he tucks me in. AWWWWW.... Bribery usually buys me some extra time!

Hope to see y'all later!

Old 10-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #9  

Afternoon Lovelies,

First time to post today. My good intentions this am, flew out the window.....but, I am here now!! You are some chatty kathy's....Wow does that date me or what????

Judy...my deepest most heartfelt sympathies. May you know the love of your family and the love of God now in your time of sorrow. May you come to us and say whatever it is you need to say, or not, you may come and just be with us. We love you

Tina, yippppppppppppppppppeee the superbowl!!! GO TREY, GO TREY! LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR POST TINA, NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU HANGING OUT WITH US

Syn, thanks for the cocoa recipe, I will be trying it...Getting very nippy around here at night already.

2 cute, hope you enjoy the visit with your mom.

Terri, have a great time, I hear Eureka Springs is beautiful, lots of Victorian Houses.....enjoy, hurry back and fill us in all of the details.

Thin, glad you liked the thought, Sting is one of my favorites!

Andria, aren't those computer glitches a pain in the *!@, hope it gets better soon.

All the rest of you chicklets....Catch you next time.

Oh, almost forgot! lost another 2.1lbs. I am now at 309! Twoterville, I can see you just over the horizon a wee bit!! Total of 46.8..... (my goal for 10/31 was lose 50, don't think I am going to be losing any 3.2 lbs in 2 days BUT, I AM FOR SURE PLEASED WITH MY PROGRESS...NOW, ONTO THE NEXT GOAL, YOU GALS WITH ME???? GET READY, GET SET, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE TO YOU ALL
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Wow, Pam! Way to go!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:00 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

Still lurking

Thin: I AM at home-hence my name, Homebound (which I'm actually thinking of changing ). Sometimes sitting at the computer is difficult, but I'm here for as long as possible each day.
Sounds like you're doing well with your plan.

2 Cute: Wedding plans! I hope you and DD can find someplace special-and affordable.

Mary: STEP AWAY FROM THE MM's

Pam: On to TWOTERVILLE! You're doing great. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement.

Tina: Looking forward to hearing about your trip. And congrats to Trey and his team Our HS team made it to the playoffs at the Georgia Dome last year-they went all the way to the semifinals.

Barb, Terri, Kat, and everyone else

Have a great evening!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Just a quick Howdy! Can you believe this is the first moment I've had all day to check in here! What a crazy day at work! I normally work at home on Wednesdays, but had to come in for meetings today. Now I am so ready to go home, but dreading the long drive....well, I gotta do it sometime so I better run!

I'll pop back in later!

Barb
Old 10-29-2003, 06:14 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys.....

Well, of course you know I went to Atlanta this last weekend and what a race! I'm not sure exactly how many of you follow it (I know some do) but it got rained out on Sunday and had to be raced on Monday. Tony was the class of the field and led over 100 laps..... everyone knew he had the car to beat that day. They came into pit with about 35 laps to go and when the left front tire changer was trying to take off the lugs, one got stuck up inside the air gun. Well, because of Nascar rules, he couldn't grab another gun, he had to wait till the other one was finished using his before he could borrow it. All in all...... he went in 1st, came out 17th. In no time, he had worked his way up to 2nd and with 7 laps to go he was working hard and heavy on Jeff Gordon. Right as he got up to pass him, with only 5 laps to go, Earnhardt Jr. accidently (maybe) hit Ryan Newman in the rear end and Ryan spun and hit the wall. That caused the race to go into caution. At this point, Nascar said that there weren't enough laps to red flag the race so the fans could see a green finish and let it finish under caution, which means no one advanced their position and frickin Jeff Gordon was given the race!! I was SO mad I could spit. Everyone knew it was right in Tony's hand and they gave it away. It majorly sucked.

I have lots of pictures to be developed, but I will include just a couple below.

Dh caught me in this one..... Do I look tired?

Here's one of Trey and Brian.... aren't they cuties?

So....... Trey had playoffs last night and we beat the Bucs and now on Saturday, we go to the Superbowl! I am very excited, but nervous about it. It's a pretty big deal around here and it is even going to be televised.

For the most part, I was very good and OP. Notice I said, "most part". I have had a rough time the last day or two, but I'm sure TOM is contributing to that too.

You guys have been busy little beavers while I was gone and gave me way too much to read. I am, however VERY impressed with all the efforts Thin and everyone has been making ladies. It is a daily effort and a struggle, but there is nothing we can't do if we do it together.

Take care and I'll try to tackle individual replies tomorrow!

Love you all!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
How is everyone this Hump-day? I am feeling a little less frazzled at the moment -- I made it home from work, picked up a nice soup/salad dinner from Panera and now I am settling in for some tv on my comfy couch.

I had a good motivating moment tonight. I pulled out a pair of flannel pajamas that I haven't worn since last winter. They have a tie waist band. Well, I pulled them on without changing the tie and they were way too big in the waist!!! That was a happy moment.

I needed that because I've had such a hard time getting back on the wagon after vacation. That's been nearly 2 weeks! I haven't been really "off" the wagon, just riding in the sidecar. Lacking in exercise and not doing stellar in the food dept. I think I am this close (visualize - fingers held close together) to really getting myself back together.

One of my co-workers who is such a sweetie brought me a new lunchbox today -- one of the little cooler type. I was talking to her yesterday about how I need to get back to packing all my food and writing in my journal again and she thought her little gift would give me some motivation....and it did!! That was so sweet of her.

Terri --- Thanks for the kick in the pants on the Halloween Candy!! Guess what??? I haven't bought any yet!!! Normally I would have bags stocked up ready for the kids! Not this year . I am not buying candy until Friday afternoon. And then I am not buying any of my favorites. I am going to hand it out to all the kids --- If there is any left before I turn the lights off I will give it all to the last child at my house. Most likely some teenager who is too old to Trick or Treat and I'm sure they'll think they have hit the jackpot!!! If, for some reason I am left with candy --- out comes the Rolling pin!!! How's that for being determined with the Halloween Candy??? I vow that not one piece will pass these lips!!

Andria - So glad to see you getting your computer running for long enough to post!!! Hope it's fixed soon so we can see you more often!

Thin - You are so motivating lately!! Good job on working out your schedule!!! (We'll just overlook that nasty PB cup incident!)

Terri (again) - Have a wonderful time in the cabin! It sound delightful!!!

2cute --- ahhh, the wedding plans have begun! It's going to be a fun-filled few months!!! Have a safe trip to visit your mom.

Syn - Yummy! Thanks for the Hot Cocoa recipe!!! I am going to add the ingredients to my list!

Kat - Did you get to walk with the dog while your son was at CCD? It was still a yucky, wet day here! Luckily we are suppose to dry out for the weekend. I also love fall! Just wish I could enjoy more of the day --- it's pitch black by the time I leave work now that we've turned the clocks back.

Pam - WOOHOOO!!!!!! You are shrinking away!!! You've been working so hard and it's paying off!!!!

Homebound -- It's great to see you popping in from your lurking status!!!

Tina -- Bummer! Sorry to hear about Tony!!! Loved the pictures!!! I'm glad your back!

Time to watch Ed.....see you all later!
Hugs!
Barb
Old 10-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #15  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Oh man, it is soooo nasty outside! We live in the south western corner of the state, quite a few hours from California, but all this smoke and a horrid smell made it here early this afternoon. It is so bad out there now it is like driving in a fog. I can't help thinking that if it is this bad here, it must be unbearable there. Those people are in my thoughts and prayers.

I made a decision today. I'm sick of waiting! I went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of foods to start my diet this weekend. I bought a bunch of stuff on sale, and so what if I'm eating a lot of the same foods and not doing all the fancy recipes they suggest. I NEED THIS!

I've got to get outta here before the puter goes down yet again.

Oh, almost forgot www.thespectrum.com under opinions in the writer's group. I have a new column in today's paper. If you don't get this until tomorrow, make sure to check the 29th on the little calendar.

Have a great evening, everyone

Andria
Closed Thread