Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #1  
Pawmother

Default Challenge accepted: Staying Vegan for a week.

Where are my manners? I am Lucy, writing from the northern hemisphere and just old enough to party. The name is a lie, as well, for my real name is not Lucy, or Lucrezia. I am a fat chick - hey, it takes courage to admit the awful truth. And I'm like, fat fat. I need to do something about it.

Anyway, I found myself ranting on Facebook few nights ago.

Then, a friend challenged me to stay vegan for a week. My vegan week ends next Wednesday. My first goal is not to end my vegan streak for a week.

I must admit, at this point, that I did lose 2 pounds. It might have something to do with the one-hour walk from the venue of an exam that I took, to some civilization, as in routes for public transportation, in order to go home.
LucreziaBorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #2  

Good luck with your vegan challenge!

And IMHO: It doesn't really matter how the weight came off, just that it's off and gone for ever. :-)
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #3  
Pawmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 View Post
And IMHO: It doesn't really matter how the weight came off, just that it's off and gone for ever. :-)
I totally agree. Still a vegan, by the way, resisted yoghurt and had lentils for breakfast. Apparently, they're tastier. I might even stay a vegan if I can end my week-long streak, because yoghurt and cheese-based stuff were what I had been eating for over 20 years. I'm surprising my body here!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #4  
Pawmother

ACHIEVEMENT: Stayed Vegan for a week.

Started off this week as a vegan too. I think I'm getting the hang of it!