Old 07-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Any Fitbit'ers?

I just ordered a Fitbit One pedometer and sleep tracker. Any other users out there? I've never tried anything like it before, but a good friend swears by it. It has a pretty sweet Android App and it looks like a solid way to track calories in and out. Anyone else have one?
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #2  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

I just got the Flex and I LOOOOVVVEEE IT!!! It's the best thing ever. I track my food with MyFitnessPal and it shows me how many calories I need to burn to stay on track for 2lbs/week weight loss.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #3  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPMOM5 View Post
I track my food with MyFitnessPal and it shows me how many calories I need to burn to stay on track for 2lbs/week weight loss.

I am excited to start using mine, I'm glad to hear you love yours! So, you use MyFitnessPal to track your food, not the dashboard that comes with the fitbit? Would you recommend I do the same, then? I want to make sure I get the most out of this thing!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

I have a fitbit one, I love it .
I do use it for the food sometimes, but I'm on a food delivery meal plan, so right now I don't need to bother since I know the calories are always going to be around 1300-1500. As long as I see in the fitbit dashboard that I've burned my usual calories, I'm good.
When I do enter calories, it can be motivating to see the little dashboard showing if I'm in the red green or yellow zone.

You can add people as friends and compete against them in steps which I like. Right now I need to get some walking in today, they're beating me soundly.
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #5  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddovii View Post
Right now I need to get some walking in today, they're beating me soundly.
I feel your pain! All my Fitbit friends are city dwellers. How do I compete against someone who logs 20K steps a day?!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #6  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

I really want to get one. I think I will head down the Brookstone store and purchase it tomorrow. There are so many different versions. Is one better than the other?
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #7  
Sailing the Grand Line!

I love the Fitbit One because it has a screen you can check as you wear it. The Flex is better looking and has a wristband but no display. They both track your sleep and they both integrate with MyFitnessPal, which is cool. But I'd say go for the One but I know people who love the Flex too.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #8  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for the advice. I am not much of a wrist band wearer, so I will get the one today. I love it that it sync's with MFP. I use that daily.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have the flex and I completely love it! It's such a great tool and I'm getting more exercise in more than ever trying to get all my steps in.
geauxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote